Question of poudriere and pkg install/version

Hi All

I'm newbie of ports-mgmt/poudriere and using base system ports tree /usr/ports.

I have some jail of internet service (1.http 2.mail etc.)
And trying poudriere and got some question.
  1. poudriere base jail build by # poudriere jail -c -j 14_0_RELEASE and build individual poudriere jail for jail of internet service # poudriere bulk -j 14_0_RELEASE -z [SERVICE_JAIL] I assume.
    a. Is my assume correct?
    b. All of build generated objects/files placed either -j 14_0_RELEASE[ or -z [SERVICE_JAIL]?
  2. Trying to pkg installion by # pkg -j [SERVICE_JAIL] from -z [SERVICE_JAIL] to jail of internet service.
    a. I'm tried add /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf as follows
    FreeBSD: {enabled: no }
    And added /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/custom.conf as follows (PS: Here 'Default' is /usr/ports)
    Code:
        custom: {
            url: "file:///usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-Default-[SERVICE_JAIL]",
            enabled: yes
        }
    but won't work
    b. Tried setenv PACKAGESITE 'file:///usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-Default-[SERVICE_JAIL]'
    Same won't work.
  3. If above #2 installion successful, is possible using # pkg -j [SERVICE_JAIL]??? version -vL= for jail of internet service to check ports version upgrade?
    (I wish version compare with /usr/ports and jail of internet service in my case), but no idea how to do right now.
Thanks a lot.

a. Is my assume correct?
No. Your 'destination' jail (for which the packages are being built) has nothing to do with it. You simply provide a list of packages to build, for example poudriere bulk -j 14_0_RELEASE -f my_list_of_packages.txt. The my_list_of_packages.txt file contains a list of ports that need to be built.

b. All of build generated objects/files placed either -j 14_0_RELEASE[ or -z [SERVICE_JAIL]?
With the example I gave, packages will end up in /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-default/.

but won't work
Did you check if that directory actually exists? It sounds like you just assumed the path without verifying.

And added /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/custom.conf as follows (PS: Here 'Default' is /usr/ports)
Case is important, it's default, not Default.

SirDice Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry for forgetting something
No. Your 'destination' jail (for which the packages are being built) has nothing to do with it. You simply provide a list of packages to build, for example poudriere bulk -j 14_0_RELEASE -f my_list_of_packages.txt. The my_list_of_packages.txt file contains a list of ports that need to be built.
Notice: /usr/ports named "Default" as command @ bottom quota.
I had "options" by # poudriere options -p Default -z jail_base -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/jail-base.pkglist
And "bulk" by poudriere bulk -j 14_0_RELEASE -p Default -z jail_base -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/jail-base.pkglist
Therefore 'destination' jail /usr/local/poudriere/jails/14_0-RELEASE is existence.

With the example I gave, packages will end up in /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-default/.
Yes, package /usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-Default-jail_base generated.

Did you check if that directory actually exists? It sounds like you just assumed the path without verifying.
Yes, actual "url" written. as follows
Code:
url: "file:///usr/local/poudriere/data/packages/14_0_RELEASE-Default-jail_base"

Case is important, it's default, not Default.
Yes, I'm prepare ports by # poudriere ports -c -p Default -F -M /usr/ports -f none, because distinguish system keyword "default" for avoid confusing.

Notice: /usr/ports named "Default" as command @ bottom quota.
Confusing, why not use default?
Code:
     -p name        Specifies the name of the ports tree to use.  (Default:
                    “default”)
If you used the default you wouldn't need to provide a -p <portsname>

because distinguish system keyword "default" for avoid confusing.
It's not a system keyword, it's just the name of the 'default' ports tree used with poudriere if you don't provide a -p <ports tree>

but won't work
Does the jail actually have access to that directory? I presume it doesn't.

Hi SirDice

Confusing, why not use default?
Because to avoid me forgetting how to set up ports tree
Ouch! Is your mean default = /usr/ports?

Does the jail actually have access to that directory? I presume it doesn't.I
I'm execute # pkg -j [SERVICE_JAIL] at base system.
Sorry I'm confusing.

Back