Problem starting MySQL

Hi All,
I have a problem starting MySQL, (5.7.13_1). From my err.log
Code:
Shared object "liblz4.so.1" not found, required by "mysqld"

Bit of background, this was an old FreeBSD 9.x server that I updated to 10.2 some time ago. I recently upgraded MySQL, all went fine at the time. Was forced to reboot yesterday and the problem appeared.

Attempted fixes: I installed liblz4, ( portmaster -dwv liblz4). Then deinstalled and reinstalled again, ( make deinstall, make reinstall). Checked for liblz4.so.1, (exists /usr/local/lib/liblz4.so.1). Made sure that /usr/local/lib was a library path, (it was but added ldconfig_paths="/usr/local/lib" to rc.conf then run /etc/rc.d/ldconfig start, to make sure).

Tried with both my custom and the default my.cnf files and made sure the permissions were correct, 644 from memory. Still broken.

Any help much appreciated!
Code:
ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/compat /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib/mysql/plugin /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.22/mach/CORE /usr/local/llvm37/lib
32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32 /usr/local/lib32/compat
Versions:
Code:
mysql57-client-5.7.13_1        Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql57-server-5.7.13_1        Multithreaded SQL database (server)
Code:
uname -a
FreeBSD dev08.localdomain 10.2-RELEASE-p18 FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p18 #0: Sat May 28 08:53:43 UTC 2016     [email]root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net[/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Did you rebuild MySQL after you updated/reinstalled liblz4?

Yep. Tried many things, the latest was to nuke liblz4, (pkg delete -R), which took MySQL with it and then reinstalled MySQL, which installed liblz4 as a dependancy. Have since reinstalled all liblz4's dependancies. But will take your advice and reinstall MySQL once more for my sanity.

Before you do remove that ldconfig line from /etc/rc.conf, it shouldn't be needed and may cause problems later on.

Ok, made doubly sure liblz4 and its dependancies were up-to-date, then reinstalled MySQL, and got the same err:
Code:
2016-09-14T11:38:15.6NZ mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/db/mysql
Shared object "liblz4.so.1" not found, required by "mysqld"
2016-09-14T11:38:15.6NZ mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/db/mysql/dev08.localdomain.pid ended

Back