pkg takes too long time to start

I see this in 15.1-RELEASE that I installed in my notebook,but in my desktop 15.0-RELEASE it works fine
today in my desktop run
pkg install gzdoom
and it "hangs" in
Code:
Updating FreeBSD-ports repository catalogue...
for about 4 to 6 minutes

now I know that is not 15.1-RELEASE related problem

I dont modify the pkg.conf file or added any repository , what can it be?

thanks
 
Does it improve if you force it to use IPv4? You might have some issues on IPv6.

pkg -4 install gzdoom

Code:
     -4      pkg will use IPv4 for fetching repository and packages.
 
Does it improve if you force it to use IPv4? You might have some issues on IPv6.

pkg -4 install gzdoom

Code:
     -4      pkg will use IPv4 for fetching repository and packages.

yes, besides that I had the kernel compiled whitout ipv6 support(I know,is not the best practique)
 
Run pkg(8) with the -d, --debug Show debug information option. Perhaps it shows where the "hang" occurs.
Code:
 # pkg -d install gzdoom

here is where it "hangs" :

Code:
Fetching data: 100%    11 MiB  11.2 MB/s    00:01   
DBG(1)[2755]> PkgRepo: extracting data of repo FreeBSD-ports
DBG(1)[2756]> PkgRepo: extracting signature of repo in a sandbox
DBG(1)[2755]> Pkgrepo, reading new metadata
Processing entries: 100%
FreeBSD-ports repository update completed. 37842 packages processed.
Updating FreeBSD-ports-kmods repository catalogue...
DBG(1)[2755]> PkgRepo: verifying update for FreeBSD-ports-kmods
DBG(1)[2755]> Pkgrepo, begin update of '/var/db/pkg/repos/FreeBSD-ports-kmods/db'
DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Request to fetch pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:15:amd64/kmods_quarterly_0/meta.conf
DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) libfetch> connecting
DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) libfetch> fetching from: http://pkgmir.geo.freebsd.org/FreeBSD:15:amd64/kmods_quarterly_0/meta.conf with opts "i"

and after few minutes

Code:
DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Fetch: fetcher used: pkg+http
Fetching data:   0%
DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Read status: 8192 over 35904

DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Read status: 16384 over 35904

DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Read status: 24576 over 35904

DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Read status: 32768 over 35904

DBG(1)[2755]> (fetch) Read status: 35904 over 35904
Fetching data: 100%    35 KiB  35.9 kB/s    00:01   
DBG(1)[2755]> PkgRepo: extracting data of repo FreeBSD-ports-kmods
DBG(1)[2833]> PkgRepo: extracting signature of repo in a sandbox
DBG(1)[2755]> Pkgrepo, reading new metadata
Processing entries: 100%
FreeBSD-ports-kmods repository update completed. 240 packages processed.
All repositories are up to date.

I change from https to http method in FreedBSB.conf file, but not improve

maybe I should change the repository? , the more close to me an faster is the Brasil repo
 
Back
Top