Solved PHP Warnings: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '*.so' (tried: /usr/local/lib/php/20220829/*.so

worked,since within that directory there was two copies of apache24. The first one was the regular one,the second one was called apache24.pkgsave and it was executable (I think that it shouldn't). Again this "bug" has not been fixed and it messes up the system.

Speaking of normal you know you can share text from messages with error in it, right? Sharing picture of a text is interesting disease spreading in IT nowadays..

worked,since within that directory there was two copies of apache24. The first one was the regular one,the second one was called apache24.pkgsave and it was executable (I think that it shouldn't). Again this "bug" has not been fixed and it messes up the system.
It's not a bug. It's how pkg resolve a file conflict.
This may happen if you have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache24 rc script installed previously manually via copy/paste or via pkg/ports and then rollback or delete the pkg database /var/db/pkg/local.sqlite this will cause pkg not to know which programs are installed and when you try to install it again on top of the existing file pkg will create a copy of all conflicting files and keep them under .pkgsave on the same location that's why you end up with two startup scripts apache24 and apache24.pkgsave under /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ .
It's save to scan the entire disk and delete all files with .pkgsave extension as already been told in other forum thread of yours by SirDice.

It's not a bug. It's how pkg resolve a file conflict.
This may happen if you have /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache24 rc script installed previously manually via copy/paste or via pkg/ports and then rollback or delete the pkg database /var/db/pkg/local.sqlite this will cause pkg not to know which programs are installed and when you try to install it again on top of the existing file pkg will create a copy of all conflicting files and keep them under .pkgsave on the same location that's why you end up with two startup scripts apache24 and apache24.pkgsave under /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ .
It's save to scan the entire disk and delete all files with .pkgsave extension as already been told in other forum threat of yours by SirDice.

I know that it is already been discussed. I've started that thread. But in my opinion,if the mechanism produces two or more executable files,the process behind will run two or more times at boot time and it messes up the system. This is something that should not happen. I can remove the doubles by hand,ok. But it is still a behavior that messes up the system and it should not be produced at the root. Its ok for the pkgsave files connected to the files that aren't executableb because they would not run at the boot time,but it's not ok for the executable that will be executed more times,producing errors. If its not a bug,it's not a good architectural choice. Or you can call it a not elegant solution.

But it is still a behavior that messes up the system and it should not be produced at the root.
It's not the cause of the problem though, it's a symptom. The cause of the problem is self-inflicted. Don't blame the package tool for trying to fix a bad situation. You can have the most perfect tool to do the job but if you shove garbage in, you'll get garbage out.

It's not the cause of the problem though, it's a symptom. The cause of the problem is self-inflicted. Don't blame the package tool for trying to fix a bad situation.

very interesting. I see an analogy with the mental health. Someone afflicted by a mental illness can produce various sympthoms,mental or even physical ones. The cause is some kind of abstract misconfiguration of specific tasks that the mind cant handle in a efficent way. For sure no one wants that misconfiguration,because it produces suffering. And no none wants to have those sympthoms. Everyone blame someone or something that produces suffering,disorders,bad functioning. The disorders are not caused directly caused by some specific behavior of the person. It is produced,at the root,by a bad configuration of those persons who created the son. Mother and Father. In computer science terminology they can be called "developers". With different developers we have different mindsets,different solutions for handling mental dynamics,different illness and different sympthoms. Or a total absence of illness and sympthoms. So,I'm sure that the package tool can handle in different way the bad situations if it is "fixed" at the root. And in the past you tried to fix it,indirectly admitting that there was something that could be improved. Honestly, I don't think I'm doing any very wrong thing when I upgrade the system. I can use some non-canonical method (I have yet to figure out which one,anyway) but I often solve the main problem, even if that annoying symptom remains.

I see an analogy with the mental health.
Healthcare in general. You can treat the symptoms (pain relief medication for example) but if you don't take away the cause of the pain (big sharp object poking through a limb for example) you will need to continuously deal with the symptoms.

It's not the cause of the problem though, it's a symptom. The cause of the problem is self-inflicted. Don't blame the package tool for trying to fix a bad situation. You can have the most perfect tool to do the job but if you shove garbage in, you'll get garbage out.

you are in contraddiction with yourself. Actually you " won't " see something that could be improved in FreeBSD,but in the recent past,you saw it,here :

why ? you even proposed some kind of solution,indirectly admitting that there was something that could be improved.

Sure that I have cleaned it up. But since the main reason that produces executables pkgfiles is still there,these files will be produced again and again even if I clean them up. No,I didn't submit a PR because I have used the scripts that you helped me create some time ago,but that's another question. I tried to use those scripts but I find it boring to do that everytime the problem arises again. So,I think I will submit a PR. Anyway,you only tried to focus the attention on me. But please would you put the focus on you : one time you indirectly admitted that there is some kind of problem or something that could be improved and now you are reiterating it. But at the same time,you say that the "problem" happens only because my fault. Yes,there is a contraddiction : is there or not something to improve in FreeBSD ?

But since the main reason that produces executables pkgfiles is still there,these files will be produced again and again even if I clean them up.
Ehm, no. It's very clear when and where those *.pkgsave files come from. You obviously haven't resolved the cause because they keep reappearing.

I tried to use those scripts but I find it boring to do that everytime the problem arises again.
If you need to use those scripts you must be doing something very wrong to begin with. The "problem" isn't pkg(8) creating *.pkgsave files, the cause of the problem can be found when questioning why they keep appearing.

Ehm, no. It's very clear when and where those *.pkgsave files come from. You obviously haven't resolved the cause because they keep reappearing.

If you need to use those scripts you must be doing something very wrong to begin with. The "problem" isn't pkg(8) creating *.pkgsave files, the cause of the problem can be found when questioning why they keep appearing.

Agree,why,is the most intelligent question we may ask,to ourself and to the other people around us.

Agree,why,is the most intelligent question we may ask,to ourself and to the other people around us.
Yes, and since you seem to be the one that's constantly battling with those files you need to ask that question to yourself. You appear to be doing something that causes pkg(8) to create those files.

Yes, and since you seem to be the one that's constantly battling with those files you need to ask that question to yourself. You appear to be doing something that causes pkg(8) to create those files.

Sure,but I don't realize what I do to produce that files. And anyway,I see that the "reaction" of the system to what I do is not appropriate.

Sure,but I don't realize what I do to produce that files.
That's mostly due to a lack of knowledge and probably a lack of methodology. You just do things without thinking, everything is done haphazardly. Troubleshooting means you take small, incremental steps and assess each step methodically and logically. How did I get here, what did I do. And often just as important, in what order. Computers are stupid machines, they'll do exactly what you tell them to do. Which is often not what you meant.

That's mostly due to a lack of knowledge and probably a lack of methodology. You just do things without thinking, everything is done haphazardly. Troubleshooting means you take small, incremental steps and assess each step methodically and logically. How did I get here, what did I do. And often just as important, in what order. Computers are stupid machines, they'll do exactly what you tell them to do. Which is often not what you meant.

I know but I have a deficit of attention.....and even more difficulties that I will not tell. I'm not able to study deeply some kind of manual and to develop a proper methodology. Its ok if the manual is easy and "well" written. In this case I understand better what to do maybe because the attention that I put there is enough. On the end,there is not even need of all this,because this is an hobby for me. Can't become like a job because some limitation written inside me. My efforts needs to be kept low. Furthermore I don't have the money to go to college. Nor I want to go there,because I'm better suited for humanities.

---> You just do things without thinking.

this seems to be like an offence. I prefer to think that I think,but in a messy way.

I know but I have a deficit of attention.
Ehm. I have AD/HD. If there's anyone on the board with a severe lack of attention it's me. I've met plenty of other people in the IT business that are "on the spectrum" as they say.
On the end,there is not even need of all this,because this is an hobby for me.
So? You think a hobbyist can't learn anything? Or improve their skills?
Can't become like a job.
I've been lucky. I've been able to turn a hobby into a well paying job. The 'job' isn't a requirement, it's just a means to an end. It pays for the rather expensive hobby, I get to buy cool new stuff to play with.
Because some limitations written inside the structure of my mindset. I'm not able to study deeply some kind of manual and to develop a proper methodology.
Of course you are. Everyone is. It just takes more time. Don't try to run before you're able to walk.
i don't have the money to go to college.
Who said anything about having to go to college or a university? Back in my early days of computing I went to a library. Picked up a bunch of books and started reading them. And the next week I would take out some other books. Most of them didn't even make sense to me at the time. Still learned from them, just by reading it. The puzzle pieces started falling into place much, much later.

---> Ehm. I have AD/HD. If there's anyone on the board with a severe lack of attention it's me. I've met plenty of other people in the IT business that are "on the spectrum" as they say.

I don't have AD/HD. I have a different mental disease,but the deficit of attention is one of the symptoms. I'm affected by schizophrenia (luckily without hallucinations and delusions.)

---> So? You think a hobbyist can't learn anything? Or improve their skills?

sure. I learn everyday, but without burdening my abilities,avoiding making them worse.

---> I've been lucky.

I'm happy for you. When I was child I was a good turbo pascal programmer,but at a certain point,due to family abuses,I stopped to be able. I never really joined the job's world. And at the age of 24, I took a modest state pension as an invalid and unabled to work young guy. I tried to redeem the low self-esteem I had of myself later,when I started the study of the clinical psychology. I was at -5 exams from the end, but my mother died (my father died when I was 19) and since then I have not been able to study in a structured way,anymore.

----> Who said anything about having to go to college or a university? Back in my early days of computing I went to a library. Picked up a bunch of books and started reading them. And the next week I would take out some other books. Most of them didn't even make sense to me at the time. Still learned from them, just by reading it. The puzzle pieces started falling into place much, much later.

I'm happy for you again. I'm not able to be a real self-taught. I need to be supported and helped to be able to accomplish a medium complicated project. And I'm able to be focused only when I read a concise,short and not so much technical article.

I have a different mental disease,but the deficit of attention is one of the symptoms. I'm affected by schizophrenia (luckily without hallucinations and delusions.)
Honestly, that sucks. Hallucinations rock. Granted, my only experiences with hallucinations have been drug induced, so there's some bias. On a more serious note, are you seeing a doctor? Take medications? There's a lot that can be done to keep things manageable nowadays.

When I was child I was a good turbo pascal programmer,but at a certain point,due to family abuses,I stopped to be able.
I'm fairly sure this can be brought back. The pleasure from programming when you were a kid I mean. Somewhere along the line it got associated with the abuse and now you're stuck with that negative association. Good therapy could do wonders. But a severe lack of motivation is probably keeping you from getting any.
And at the age of 24, I took a modest state pension as an invalid and unable to work young guy.
Probably a wrong translation here but I think I understand what you meant. I assume you mean that you've been deemed incapacitated and receive an unemployment benefit. Which probably isn't much. It's not much in the Netherlands, it's barely enough to pay for rent and some food.
I tried to redeem the low self-esteem I had of myself later,when I started the study of the clinical psychology. I was at -5 exams from the end, but my mother died (my father died when I was 19) and since then I have not been able to study in a structured way,anymore.
One thing led to another, mostly in a downward spiral. It's a vicious circle. Breaking out of a vicious circle is hard. Please tell me you're seeing a doctor/therapist.
I'm not able to be a real self-taught.
That's not what I'm seeing. You ARE self-taught. You get a few hints here and there on the forums and you manage to put the puzzle together. On your own.
I need to be supported and helped to be able to accomplish a medium complicated project.
Everybody needs help and support with complicated projects. Nobody does everything on their own. We've all had help and guidance to get where we are now.

Well I'm glad you two have found each other to discuss personal health issues with so deeply, without rancour.

Not sarcasm, meant sincerely; expecting it may relieve the wider crew from being simply confounded.

Neither am I averse to the occasional hallucinatory experience; set and setting, are you tripping comfortably, all that.

Progress. Peace. Out.

Back