Opera 11 Alpha

Hmmm, I revisited both, and the mouse cursor moving thru the center of the pages vertically causes graphical mouseover-somethings-menus to cover up part of the page and/or appear-disappear when they are not actually mouse-overed. I then usually switch to user mode when lengthens the page(s) considerably, making them navigable but harder to read an intended part of it(them). ... Similarly, osnews has icons exactly on each topic-headline, one can only guess what the headlines say (half of them at least) without switching to User Mode. About to try vermaden's suggestion below...

I could not find that option anywhere in opera:config (v 10.00). Maybe it is in the newer version, or renamed in the newer version from another option. OTOH I should maybe check the newer version before this posting.

jb_fvwm2 said:
I could not find that option anywhere in opera:config (v 10.00). Maybe it is in the newer version, or renamed in the newer version from another option. OTOH I should maybe check the newer version before this posting.

Yup, it's definitely not in 10.x, and definitely is in 11.

The errors I always get are mostly performance-related I believe:
Code:
Failed 1 tests.
Test 26 passed, but took 308ms (less than 30fps)
Test 46 failed: expected 'none' but got 'uppercase' - case y1 failed (index 21)
Test 69 passed, but took 37 attempts (less than perfect).
Test 80 passed, but took 51 attempts (less than perfect).
Total elapsed time: 4.25s

Yeah, that's been bugging the hell out of me as well. Nice that it's finally fixed.

The 10.x version for FreeBSD kind of sucked in many little ways, but it seems that version 11 will make up for that!

Opera 11 is now "Beta".

I just got it, I like the new "tab stacking" feature! This is something I can definitely use that especially at work!

I also like the "plugins on demand" feature.

My impression is that it's fairly slow though, for example pressing the / for search you can visually see the bar pop up and the rest of the page move down in a few frames. This is not the case on Opera 10.60 on the same machine.

In opera:config I set "File Selector -> Dialog toolkit" to QT (Detected/used GTK by default) and that seems to have helped.

Anyone got flash to work by the way? It kind of working out-of-the-box for 10.60, but doesn't seem to work for 11 ...

Fixed that. Needed to copy the pluginwrappers to the non-standard directory.

Code:
[~/opera-11.00-1111/lib/opera]% mv operapluginwrapper operapluginwrapper.orig
[~/opera-11.00-1111/lib/opera]% cp /usr/local/lib/opera/operapluginwrapper* .

Carpetsmoker said:
In opera:config I set "File Selector -> Dialog toolkit" to QT (Detected/used GTK by default) and that seems to have helped.

Anyone got flash to work by the way? It kind of working out-of-the-box for 10.60, but doesn't seem to work for 11 ...

(Opera Eleven still only working in 'user mode' on some sites, [1] however,) I found the new file selector dialog (gtk2 probably) cumbersome. About:config (help tooltip ) says 0,1,2, or 3. Found on the web: 4 -- which is "native x11" . Fortunately, that reverts the file save dialog back to how it has been for ages. (At least here).
[1] Just mentioned in passing. Coincidentally, midori seems to suffice more most of those sites, though the zoom appears not to work as I'd like.

/edit/
"found cumbersome* still applies... but the lag is now BEFORE the save dialog (appears) rather than AFTER and/or BEFORE_and_AFTER the save dialog. (My first impression anyway. I know of a workaround for the new lag, possibly, might test it someday...)
/end edit/
/second edit/
Fixed it. (afaik). Saves to a new /dir at the root of the
filesystem, then copied to the "usual" save-to subdirectory.
Lag gone...
/edit second edit/

Back