OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 i686 packages for FreeBSD-8.0-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more mirrors, the better... If you're interested pm me....
NOTE: for next 2 days I will be extremely busy

Excellent news!

Maybe Killa should make the packages directly in your server no? My server runs GNU/Linux so it is only useful for mirroring in that case.

Question: how fast was it from your server?

killasmurf86, cheers for this, these packages are really appreciated!

Unfortunately I really do not have a fast enough internet or I would offer to host them.

Some solutions which may be possible:

Torrents
File sharing websites such as Rapidshare etc...

Thanks again!

Rapdshare.... I very much dislike it.... and it's slow for me
failiem.lv fast for me, slow for others...

torrents ..... (I was thinking about this, in case I can't find any server to host files) I doubt many will seed 14.5G, and I don't want to keep my desktop PC up and running 24/7

EDIT
speaking about slow connection.....
I was uploading to ftp server 50-70KB/s :)

jpic said:
Maybe Killa should make the packages directly in your server no?

That would depend on the amount of time required to compile. If there was a good solution to resource limiting (CPU/RAM specifically) in jails, I'd definitely give it thought.

Question: how fast was it from your server?

I averaged about 12-13 Mbps, however it did cut out a few times.

killasmurf86 said:
torrents ..... (I was thinking about this, in case I can't find any server to host files) I doubt many will seed 14.5G, and I don't want to keep my desktop PC up and running 24/7

Well, not everyone is going to download all the packages to seed, but for those who already leave their computers on 24/7 and seed torrents, I'm sure putting the torrent for their language(s) in the queue wouldn't be too big of a deal. Also, I'm sure this would qualify for Mininova's Content Distribution, which would make things pretty easy.

killasmurf86 said:
speaking about slow connection.....
I was uploading to ftp server 50-70KB/s :)

Lol, thats about my download rate :p
My upload rate is somewhere in the 5KB/s mark.

British internet is such a con. My ISP tells me that mine is a 2Meg line but because I am sharing with everyone else at exchange level that is why its slow... Which is utter crap because my neighbour who has 10Megs with the same ISP gets about double mine (Still not his full 10Megs tho haha) so there is definately room for faster speeds with my 2Megs from the exchange...

My current ISP is Virgin but I have been through a few... They are all very poor

killasmurf86 said:

Try Mininova! They're now content distributors for legal content only, so they would provide the seed/tracker for you.

Voltar said:
Also, I'm sure this would qualify for Mininova's Content Distribution, which would make things pretty easy.

DutchDaemon said:
Try Mininova! They're now content distributors for legal content only, so they would provide the seed/tracker for you.

:e

I just ran into this thread.

Was the idea to distribute via torrents ever worked out, or even considered desirable?

3.2.0 is out and as always I build a package for my current desktop, so this means I have OOo_3.2.0_FreeBSD80X86-64_install_nl.tbz (8.0 RELEASE, amd64, Dutch and kde4 integration)

I assume others have build packages for other platforms or languages, so if we could coordinate the distribution of these, we might be on to something here.

I'm building all packages for 3.2.0 right now....
In 1 or 2 days, they will be available.
I'll then try to upload them from my home server to other servers (if possible). I have slow speed to other countries unfortunately

About torrents, I never bothered, however since now I have my own server I could create torrents and try to upload them.

Previously this wasn't possible, because I din't want to keep my desktop PC online 24/7

wird der Teufel genannt, kommt er gerannt

OH said:
I just ran into this thread.

Was the idea to distribute via torrents ever worked out, or even considered desirable?

3.2.0 is out and as always I build a package for my current desktop, so this means I have OOo_3.2.0_FreeBSD80X86-64_install_nl.tbz (8.0 RELEASE, amd64, Dutch and kde4 integration)

I assume others have build packages for other platforms or languages, so if we could coordinate the distribution of these, we might be on to something here.

As much as some people might cringe, TPB might be a decent starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back