network / usb 2.0 wi-fi: RTL8192eu realtek (802.11n)

Maybe this information will be useful to someone. I use Comfast CF-WU810N (RTL8188EUS) USB 2.0 adapter and its work on my FreeBSD13.1-RELEASE.

And this is my /boot/loader.conf

Code:
# Realtek RTL8188EUS IEEE 802.11 wireless network driver
if_rtwn_load="YES"
if_rtwn_usb_load="YES"
if_rtwn_pci_load="YES"
legal.realtek.license_ack=1
rtwn-rtl8188eufw_load="YES"

# for wireless encryption
wlan_load="YES"              # 802.11 support
wlan_wep_load="YES"          # 802.11 WEP support
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"         # 802.11 CCMP support
wlan_tkip_load="YES"         # 802.11 TKIP support
wlan_amrr_load="YES"         # AMRR transmit rate control algorithm

I guess I mentioned it a few times, I'll repeat it here now: My first FreeBSD version was "FreeBSD 11-CURRENT". But what I mean is: kids, don't try this at home.

First, you need an actual reason to ever use a -CURRENT version. The canonical reason is doing actual development. There are rare other reasons, my reason back then was I wanted to start testing FreeBSD on the desktop and 10.x-RELEASE did not support my GPU.

Then, you need the skills:
  • I didn't know FreeBSD back then, but I am a professional software developer and architect.
  • So, I certainly didn't have to ask anyone how to apply a patch.
  • Also, I quickly found the docs to understand how to build it myself, disabling all the debugging stuff I wouldn't need, as I didn't intend to actually dive into development at that point.
  • Of course, as soon as 11 got released, I followed that branch and since then, I only run -RELEASE versions with just one little exception.
In case you wonder what that exception is: Well, I started to do development on/for FreeBSD ("only" ports, but hey, have to start somewhere). A full test of a port includes testing it on -CURRENT. Only for that purpose, I run one VM with 14-CURRENT installed.

install kernel source
cd /sys/dev
patch < /the/patch_file.txt
rebuild kernel (or just the modules)
Even if the order of steps is generally correct, I would still heavily encourage OP to read the Handbook, and have a good handle on what each step actually means. Dunno if OP even realizes that kernel sources live in /usr/src, and everything else is predicated on that simple fact.

install kernel source
cd /sys/dev
patch < /the/patch_file.txt
rebuild kernel (or just the modules)
how can i download it? ( try google search, not find -.-)
- sudo pkg install kernel_soucre
- sudo pkg install kernel-soucre
- sudo pkg install kernel/soucre
or what need ?

cd: /sys/dev: No suck file or directory

as I wrote above, for the first time I decided to try something instead of Windows
so I don’t know anything at all, I’m trying to find everything in the search
or , I ask a question on the forum if the search did not help me

how can i download it? ( try google search, not find -.-)
- sudo pkg install kernel_soucre
- sudo pkg install kernel-soucre
- sudo pkg install kernel/soucre
or what need ?

cd: /sys/dev: No suck file or directory

as I wrote above, for the first time I decided to try something instead of Windows
so I don’t know anything at all, I’m trying to find everything in the search
or , I ask a question on the forum if the search did not help me
Y'know, read the FreeBSD Handbook (Google the underlined term), and get to the online version, it's the most recent one, and up-to-date.

Messing around with kernel sources may be a bit too much for OP at this point.

covacat : you might want to consider the audience's level of expertise... the answers you give are precise, and I can make sense of them - just barely.

I'm sure you mean well, but I really don't think you're likely helping OP by encouragment to step so far past obvious skill level, and against clear advice from people who do know better.

I also think that OP will be best served by learning basic Freebsd ways and means by using fully supported releases, until gaining development skills.

With respect.

\
what should I do with this text document, .txt format? ;))
Perhaps a stupid question, but, "so are we, beginners"; D
- before asking a question, I tried to find it through a Google search, but again I did not find any information ((no examples of what and how to do
I'll recommend a new tactic whc=ich I was told by servaly freebsd pro back when I started balleing with FreeBSD, Always search theese forums for posts by fellow users who are have youre exact issue or at least as close to it as you can possibly get before potentially reposting a question that has possibly been answered already.

Back