need help building sct in i386 with Clang

Hi there,

I've been compiling sct to change color temperature in x86_64 without problems with this command:

sh:
# cd /tmp && su user -c "wget --no-check-certificate \
> https://www.tedunangst.com/flak/files/sct.c" && \
> su user -c "cc -std=c99 -O2 -I /usr/local/include/ -o sct sct.c -L /usr/local/lib/ -lm \
> -lX11 -lXrandr" && su user -c "mv sct ~user/bin/sct"

Is this correct?

However, this builds in i386 too, but it doesn't work without error reports. When run it does nothing.
In x86_64 works absolutely fine.

Do I have to put some special flag to clang in my i386 computer? I don't have to much control in terms of building with clang.

Thank you in advance,

I didn't know there was a port for accessibility/sct. I was looking for a pkg and I didn't find it.
I will try the port. However, I don't understand where is the problem with i386. Tell me if you know.

Thank you very much.

If there's a port there's usually also a package, unless there's something blocking the creation of a package (license for example).

Code:
To add the package: pkg install sct

So, just run pkg install sct.

In this case:

Code:
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'sct' have been found in the repositories

There should be a reason why clang isn't working properly in i386 in this case, Could be has the .c program been written only for x86_64 archs?

When installing accessibility/sct I obtain the same results. Builds fine and executes without warnings or core dumps but no changes are made to the display.

I don't know if it's a problem of my specific video driver, or a problem with the i386 arch.

Back