• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

need help building sct in i386 with Clang

agpe

Hi there,

I've been compiling sct to change color temperature in x86_64 without problems with this command:

Code:
# cd /tmp && su user -c "wget --no-check-certificate \
> https://www.tedunangst.com/flak/files/sct.c" && \
> su user -c "cc -std=c99 -O2 -I /usr/local/include/ -o sct sct.c -L /usr/local/lib/ -lm \
> -lX11 -lXrandr" && su user -c "mv sct ~user/bin/sct"
Is this correct?

However, this builds in i386 too, but it doesn't work without error reports. When run it does nothing.
In x86_64 works absolutely fine.

Do I have to put some special flag to clang in my i386 computer? I don't have to much control in terms of building with clang.

Thank you in advance,

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

agpe

I didn't know there was a port for accessibility/sct. I was looking for a pkg and I didn't find it.
I will try the port. However, I don't understand where is the problem with i386. Tell me if you know.

Thank you very much.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

If there's a port there's usually also a package, unless there's something blocking the creation of a package (license for example).

Code:
To add the package: pkg install sct
So, just run pkg install sct.

agpe

In this case:

Code:
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'sct' have been found in the repositories
There should be a reason why clang isn't working properly in i386 in this case, Could be has the .c program been written only for x86_64 archs?

agpe

When installing accessibility/sct I obtain the same results. Builds fine and executes without warnings or core dumps but no changes are made to the display.

I don't know if it's a problem of my specific video driver, or a problem with the i386 arch.