Music…

Going to pitch in:
Grew up in the 80's
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, W.A.S.P., Saxon, Metallica (till Black Album, everything afterwards was pretty much Crap), AC/DC etc.
Not so much into Trash/Death/Speed, albeit i've seen Slayer 4 times.

Funny enough: on the side i like Rock/Metal-Coverversions of popular Pop-Songs and those Big hits from mainstream Radio.
It's just hilarious to watch peoples faces, when they first start complaining ("Oh, no! Not your Metal-Shit again"), and then start to sing the song along.. ("Huh? Whatzzat? Why do i know that crap?"). Just search for Halestorm - "Bad Romance" (Lady Gaga)

But i also like the exact opposite: I have a Reggae-Version as well as a Techno/Trance-Version of Linkin Park's "In the End".
Same with "Fear of the Dark " (Iron Maiden-Classic) as Techno-Version.

In short: I don't like a genre per se (Heavy Metal just because it's Metal), but i like songs.
Well, the exception to that is Hip Hop and all that crappy so-called "R&B / Soul" from the 90's & 00's. That is the only kind of "Music" you can chase me away with....

Highlights in my life:
Seen Iron Maiden 12 times, and been once on stage with them during "Heaven can wait" for the singalong part.
Right now i'm way beyond over 300 concerts in my life (I've seen Metallica as support Band for AC/DC in 1991),
those include Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Guns'N Roses, Black Sabbath with Dio, Deep Purple, Motörhead, Manowar, and a lot of others i don't remember anymore, since i don't collect concert-tickets.

Reactions: a6h
Time for some old school hip hop. Actually seen them perform live at the Def Jam Tour back in 1986 (I was 15 :eek: ). Same concert also had performances from LL Cool J and Eric B & Rakim.
Old school Hip Hop?
I remember 1992 seeing live in Concert: Grandmaster Flash & MC Kurtis Blow with Sugarhillgang as support in a tiny club (maybe 400 people capacity)
Ahhh.... fond memories.....

EDIT: Arrived yesterday in my "analogue" Mail......
Let's hope, all that madness about viral mexican beer will be over until then....

91893670_2415368108685567_2982307711317704704_n.jpg

Reactions: a6h
Grandmaster Flash & MC Kurtis Blow
I have those on tape, still have a shopping bag full of old tapes from the 70's and 80's :)
in a tiny club (maybe 400 people capacity)
Awesome! Would have liked to see them live but I don't think they ever came to the Netherlands. I was probably too young to get in any way.

I have those on tape, still have a shopping bag full of old tapes from the 70's and 80's :)

Awesome! Would have liked to see them live but I don't think they ever came to the Netherlands. I was probably too young to get in any way.
In 1992? You would have been, what? 21? (If you were 15 in 1986 it makes you the same age as me --> was born in the year of the Pig 1971 :p)
Funny thing: I was actually good friends with the owner of that club, and i was there in the afternoon, when the bands arrived.
Both, the owner of the club and his brother had a NewFoundlander Dog each. Each Dog about 50-60 Kg (so, not small Rabbits what they call dogs).
The guys from Sugarhillgang came downstairs (Club is in a basement), saw the dogs, turned around, and left, leaving us mystified.
5 Minutes later their Tour-Manager came downstairs, asking if we could lock the dogs away, since his boys were deathly afraid of dogs.
Now, if you know, that each guy of the Sugarhillgang is at least 1,80m / 100 Kg......
We were just laughing our asses of, but did lock away the dogs...

In 1992? You would have been, what? 21? (If you were 15 in 1986 it makes you the same age as me --> was born in the year of the Pig 1971 :p)
I actually thought that was a typo and you meant 1982. But yes, I'm the same age, also born in 1971. I had a major Hip Hop phase in my early teens.

I took the name Dice from an early Mantronix track. Was also quite into graffiti back then and Dice was my tag name. Friends kept calling me Dice and so the moniker stuck. There are lots of people I've met over the years that only know me as Dice and never knew my real name.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvfqdwF04M

Back