Moving from ezjail to qjail

Since ezjail doesn't seem to have been updated for a long time and qjail seems to be a little bit more modern I'm planning to switch.

Is it possible to just migrate my existing jails from one manager to the other without problems?

Are there any resources about this?

Thank you!

Yes, I missed the link for some reason. My apologies for that.

Is it correct that ezjail won't work with FreeBSD 11 anymore?
I don't know what the status or future outlook is for sysutils/ezjail in regards to FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE however it's used by plenty of users so it's doubtful to me it won't be updated to run well on 11.0-RELEASE.

Yes, I missed the link for some reason. My apologies for that.

I don't know what the status or future outlook is for sysutils/ezjail in regards to FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE however it's used by plenty of users so it's doubtful to me it won't be updated to run well on 11.0-RELEASE.
Of course I hope so as well but this message also has been around for a while:
Code:
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Per-jail configuration via jail_* variables  is obsolete.  Please consider to migrate to /etc/jail.conf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I hope so as well but this message also has been around for a while:
Code:
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Per-jail configuration via jail_* variables  is obsolete.  Please consider to migrate to /etc/jail.conf.
That is only a warning. It doesn't mean ezjail(7) doesn't work correctly or is broken in any way. I manage my jail(s) manually but from what I understand the warning is just saying that using the old method of rc.conf for jail configuration is deprecated and you should switch to using /etc/jail.conf instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back