Other mount does not recognize slice at the first try (12.2-RELEASE)

Hi, I'll like to understand this behaviour, maybe am I missing something? mount does not recognize the slice at first try, I end up producing an error so I can mount it.

When I try something like sudo mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt/microsd it says: "mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0s1: No such file or directory" and effectively there is no /dev/da0s1.

Then I try something that has no sense but somehow helps the system to recognize that first slide: sudo mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0 /mnt/microsd and the system says: "mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0: Invalid argument"; after this there is a /dev/da0s1 so now I can mount it with the first command.

PS: I'm trying to create a script that mounts the volume, do some tasks then unmount it... this behaviour makes it difficult. Yes, I do can check if mounted in the script... but, is that normal behaviour?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ran dmesg | tail before and after plugin in the microsd card and it's exactly the same message. I mean, no difference. I guess there should be new line.

My PC has a card reader that is connected to the mainboard and I'm inserting a microsd there.

Back