When startx I get error
Code:
shard object "libxcb.so.2" not found required by libXext.so.b
Code:
No XDMCP requests will be granted
Code:
xserver died during startup
what should I do?

Looks like some ports/packages need to be recompiled/reinstalled.

Do you use ports? Any chance you missed the "20140416: ..." entry regarding libxcb in /usr/ports/UPDATING?

worldi said:
Any chance you missed the "20140416: ..." entry regarding libxcb in /usr/ports/UPDATING?
I did not get what you are saying. I used the FreeBSD DVD to install Xorg, KDE I thought to install them from DVD and later update but it seems it doesn't work.

How did you update? Before updating always, yes always, read /usr/ports/UPDATING.

On what version of FreeBSD? If I recall correctly some parts of KDE now require a newer version of Xorg. Your version may not have support for it.

SirDice said:
On what version of FreeBSD? If I recall correctly some parts of KDE now require a newer version of Xorg. Your version may not have support for it.
It sounds like he needs to set
Code:
 WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
in /etc/make.conf. I can attest that all of the packages included in the x11/kde4 metapackage are building and working fine now. Of course the big mistake people are wont to make when they set
Code:
 WITH_NEW_XORG=yes
is forgetting to properly rebuild their drivers by doing
Code:
make deinstall
followed by
Code:
make reinstall
, can't hurt to point that out I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as I know, x11/kde4 still isn't building with GLES, should have mentioned that.

Back