Solved LDAP error in mail/postfix

Hi!

Today I've updated mail/postfix to version 3.6.2_2,1 built in ports-mgmt/poudriere. I use it with LDAP support. I was surprised by the following messages in my logs:
Code:
postfix/smtps/smtpd[35950]: fatal: load_library_symbols: dlsym failure looking up dict_ldap_open in /usr/local/lib/postfix/postfix-ldap.so: Undefined symbol "dict_ldap_open"
postfix/master[5065]: warning: process /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 35950 exit status 1
postfix/master[5065]: warning: /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
I've tried to build it several times with same problem. I've built it in Ports too.
I've got some strange messages using ports for make deinstall clean:
Code:
===>  Cleaning for icu-70.1,1
===>  Cleaning for postfix-3.6.2_2,1
===>  Cleaning for postfix-ldap-3.6.2_2,1
===>  Cleaning for postfix-sasl-3.6.2_2,1
But I found nothing in /usr/ports/UPDATING.
Is there some non-documented change or we have a problem with the port?

I found that now we have "flavors" so I built mail/postfix@ldap but the problem persists.
Further I found that the version of mail/postfix was not updated but the devel/icu is newer. Trying to blindly downgrade led to:
Code:
ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libicuuc.so.69" not found, required by "postfix"

I was able to build a working package for mail/postfix by ignoring the mail/postfix{,-ldap-sasl,-sasl}: Flavorize commit yet applying devel/icu: update to 70.1 commit. This works since the mail/postfix version is not changed during the period of these commits.
I'm not sure if the problem is in the commit or in my build / options. I'm not sure about the benefits of flawors but in my case I use both LDAP and mail/dovecot SASL.
Sorry that I'm not confident enough to debug the commit and file a PR.

I think the new update 3.6.2_3,1 which was released today fixes the issue.
Seems like both versions work now. The default version with openldap option enabled and the flavoured ldap version as well.

I don't know if I should use the flavoured ldap version or not.
Maybe the flavoured version is only there so that multiple precompiled binaries with different options can be offered via pkg.

Yes, this might be the reason for flavored version. I've always preferred to build ports by myself. Now I use ports-mgmt/poudriere and I'm happy that using the flavors didn't break the main port and its options.
And now I can confirm that mail/postfix-3.6.2_3,1 works fine!

Back