Solved kde plasma5 inside windows like xterm and mozilla go black sometimes.

This started happening a few days ago. I log into my session and everything works but eventually the application launcher doesnt work and the inside of open windows goes black and I have to hard restart the system to get it back to normal. Im on freebsd12 with a amd 570xt and didnt change anything with the system. I use sddm to launch kde. Is this a kde problem or is it a xorg issue?

I dont know if a log file or what log file would be helpful. I can post a log file if someone has an idea of what one I need.

I running here KDE from the latest repositorys with an AMD RX 570 and have no issues at all.

You could restart the plasma-shell in the terminal to see maybe some useful output.

killall plasmashell
plasmashell

1584872775721.png

Operating System: FreeBSD 12.1
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.65.0
Qt Version: 5.13.2
Kernel Version: 12.0-RELEASE
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × ACPI CPU
Memory: 15.9 GiB of RAM

why do you have newer kde versions? I did package update but it says im up to date.

Operating System: FreeBSD 12.1
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.65.0
Qt Version: 5.13.2
Kernel Version: 12.0-RELEASE
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × ACPI CPU
Memory: 15.9 GiB of RAM

why do you have newer kde versions? I did package update but it says im up to date.

Because i use the latest repository, you are using the quarterly one. You can change to latest by editing the /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf or wait until the new KDE version lands in quarterly.

Because i use the latest repository, you are using the quarterly one. You can change to latest by editing the /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf or wait until the new KDE version lands in quarterly.
I reinstalled the system. I couldnt get anything to upgrade because my system kept crashing with portmaster.

Back