ZFS I've uploaded files and then they multiplied

Hi, please could someone explain me what happend with this files that I've uploaded by NFS from windows host to my freebsd as a NFS server.

1 file was: FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso;
and then 2 files apear 1 kb each:
FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso:SmartScreen
FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso:Zone.Identifier

that happends with all files that been uploaded. Please explain me what are they and to get rid of them and keep only original files.

Hi, please could someone explain me what happend with this files that I've uploaded by NFS from windows host to my freebsd as a NFS server.

1 file was: FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso;
and then 2 files apear 1 kb each:
FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso:SmartScreen
FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso:Zone.Identifier

that happends with all files that been uploaded. Please explain me what are they and to get rid of them and keep only original files.
Those are in your windows folder but hidden. But you can see it FreeBSD server.
Windows Security

I ve reloaded the server with nfs and it stops working. When I'm trying to connect i have this error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting ...

I've tryed to restart the services but the error is now as such: mont.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol in not supported

Your NFS server configuration is incorrect, or doesn't match the expectations of the Windows client. The error messages are quite clear.

🤣 Your uploaded files laid some eggs! 🤣

Seriously, though, NFS is not the best for uploading files to a UNIX server from a Windows machine. Samba handles that much better. I never tried NFS in that manner, but going by what's been said in the thread (like freebuser 's post #2) , it seems like with NFS, you get to see the stuff that Samba knows to ignore.

Long story short, leave NFS server alone, and set up Samba. The Handbook's section on Samba is a great way to get started.

And - it really looks like this thread has an incorrect tag. ZFS has nothing to do with OP's issue.

🤣 Your uploaded files laid some eggs! 🤣

Seriously, though, NFS is not the best for uploading files to a UNIX server from a Windows machine. Samba handles that much better. I never tried NFS in that manner, but going by what's been said in the thread (like freebuser 's post #2) , it seems like with NFS, you get to see the stuff that Samba knows to ignore.

Long story short, leave NFS server alone, and set up Samba. The Handbook's section on Samba is a great way to get started.

And - it really looks like this thread has an incorrect tag. ZFS has nothing to do with OP's issue.
Great, I need to try samba, few years ago when I tryed it on linux it was very slow and I didn't want to stack on it

few years ago when I tryed it on linux it was very slow
Plain simple Samba server configuration (no tweaking or tuning) and you easily max out the transmission rate on a gigabit network.

Great, I need to try samba, few years ago when I tryed it on linux it was very slow and I didn't want to stack on it
A few years ago, huh... either it was a dud version (That does happen sometimes, a bug that really affects performance), or some other misconfig somewhere. I would encourage OP to try Samba, it definitely improved since then.
At the very least, it ships with sensible default values so you can have something up and running really quick if you follow the Handbook. I remember the days when it didn't ship with sensible defaults, and I had to hunt all over the Internet for usable info just to get something going.

Back