bhyve I've declared 8 cores for my bhyve Windows 11 VM,but it says there is only one allocated.

Below you see the reason why I can't use only the version of bhyve that's on FreeBSD 14 :

Screenshot_2022-01-23_23-23-17.png

as you can see the patches needed to passthru correctly the nvidia card haven't been imported in 14. So, I should use the Corvin's repo. But the Corvin's repo is not good if I want to virtualize windows 11. Since his patches works only on FreeBSD 13 I should keep two FreeBSD installations in two different disks. For sure I can't know which differences there are in the code of the two bhyve versions.

Last edited:
Even on Windows 10 I can't use more than 1 virtual processor with the corvin's code. I can confirm also there the limitation.

Just for the record: Note that there also might be a Windows problem - the number of cores can be limited on that side, too. But I'm wondering what a mess of software checks the number of cores and says "oh my, I don't run on only one core"… (My Intel J3160 has four cores and four threads, but just one core of my Ryzen 3700X would overtop them all; Benchmarks found on the net saying factor 2.5…)

The curiosity is eating my mind at the moment. I'm asking to myself if also Linux runs on a single processor with the Corvin's code.

Thanks. The breakdowns help me to understand what's in the manual page:

I know that most of the informations I ask and I need are there but unfortunately my mind refuses to elaborate that information because they are exposed in a "bad" shape, at least for it. It's not my fault. I should keep in consideration what my mind can elaborate and what it can't without suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today Corvin helped me to fix the bug of single core detection on Ubuntu and Windows vms. Now it seems that the bug has been fixed and at the same time the passthrough of the nvidia graphic card still works within his repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today Corvin helped me to fix the bug of single core detection on Ubuntu and Windows vms. Now it seems that the bug has been fixed and at the same time,the passthrough of the nvidia graphic card still works within his repo.
I'm also using Corvin's code and has the same problem. Would you please shine some light how you resolve this 1CPU issue? Thanks.

Back