It's all about jokes, funny pics...

sysadminotaur_138_AI_6de134c546.jpg

Not funny. Really.
I'm close to loosing faith in human kind.
I was part of a discussion on FreeBSD's Discord last year about the dangers of AI facial image generation - it was just a stroke of luck that we had a few level-headed people present, we were able to explain to a naive user the problematic scenarios of claiming "This person does not exist" while using thispersondoesnotexist dot com. Took us about an hour... I think that guy finally understood us, but that's just one, there's a whole population of people who have not been taught how to really think things through... 😩

I lost faith in humanity a LONG time ago because of this kind of stupid.

Just WTF am I supposed to even think when Uncle Sam has to specifically and explicitly prohibit usage of AI-generated voices in marketing robo-call campaigns?

Crivens, you do realize that Nazis forced some Soviet captives to join their forces, right? So an Asian appearing Nazi is probably realistic as some Soviets were Asian. Do you really want to be on the side of Eldon Musk? He's also upset about these things.

Yes, it's a bit overboard, but so is the discrimination against blacks, women, and the rest who the people who proudly proclaim themselves to be anti woke don't like. (Not saying that you're one of them)

Crivens, you do realize that Nazis forced some Soviet captives to join their forces, right? So an Asian appearing Nazi is probably realistic as some Soviets were Asian. Do you really want to be on the side of Eldon Musk? He's also upset about these things.

Yes, it's a bit overboard, but so is the discrimination against blacks, women, and the rest who the people who proudly proclaim themselves to be anti woke don't like. (Not saying that you're one of them)
Y'know, let's not get THAT political in here... Not to mention that without links to credible sources, it's pretty easy to dismiss the claims (of what Nazis did or did not do) as historically and factually incorrect fabrication.

I know this is in the off-topic area, but there's limits to how far we can go with making unverified claims. Political vitriol has an unfortunate tendency to recurse ad infinitum. 😩

You remember that on the opening ceremony of the LHC there was a guy at the back dressed up as Gordon Freeman?

Not sure if you're familiar with the RedHat trainings. Actually, they are not that bad. I do like the fact exams are not some stupid MCMA or MCSA questions without having access to terminal but rather you need to actually deploy something. And on higher level exams it can get interesting.

This is a picture from RH LABs. It should be isolated env. Left is a console. Right one is an access from workstation, sort of jumping station within lab.

They said: fix the serverb (linux/rhel).
Well ok, fix I will:

serverb-update.png

Not sure if you're familiar with the RedHat trainings. Actually, they are not that bad. I do like the fact exams are not some stupid MCMA or MCSA questions without having access to terminal but rather you need to actually deploy something. And on higher level exams it can get interesting.

This is a picture from RH LABs. It should be isolated env. Left is a console. Right one is an access from workstation, sort of jumping station within lab.

They said: fix the serverb (linux/rhel).
Well ok, fix I will:

View attachment 18380
so, you fixed serverb by installing 14.0-RELEASE on it, deleting RH altogether? ;)

Or was the fix something something else?

so, you fixed serverb by installing 14.0-RELEASE on it, deleting RH altogether? ;)
It supposed to be an isolated env so you don't have access to anything outside of lab.
Official fix was to fix it so it boots back to rhel (broken setup). But I improved it ;)

This is truly just a trolling though (while still an interesting approach to deploy) it's a bug in a LAB (I reported it) which doesn't require a skill. So not a pwn.

Official fix was to fix it so it boots back to rhel (broken setup). But I improved it ;)
Stuff normally becomes unbootable if some kind of boot-time service does not start (and other things depend on that service), but maybe that's just systemd making things unnecessarily complicated. Kernel still needs to load hardware drivers and zfs.ko... ;)

Stuff normally becomes unbootable if some kind of boot-time service does not start (and other things depend on that service)
Well this is before system boots. It was classic 'grub related' issue.

scottro yeah, it was done in that exact spirit.

It shouldn't be possible to step outside of the LAB network at all; I had my little fun. ;)

Well this is before system boots. It was classic 'grub related' issue.
I never understood why linux folks still drag around GRUB... I mean, they constantly replace perfectly fine code/tools with usually (much) worse implementations just "because it was old", yet they cling onto this brittle piece of cruft that breaks at every chance it gets.

yet they cling onto this brittle piece of cruft that breaks at every chance it gets.
Since this is the jokes thread, let's see. I'd say they try to find something worse without going back to Lilo, and it is damn hard to make something still usable but worse than grub.

Change my mind

Because no-one found Puss in Boots funny, I'm back to inflict worse humour upon you all.

Apparently, apropos poudriere at <https://bsd.to/DMX7/raw> is Slovenian:

1710098851182.png

Translated:

Code:
I'm sorry.
  1878 7:20 apropos poudrie
  1879 7:22 makewhatis /usr/local/man
  1880 7:22 apropos poudriere
  1881 7:23 man poudriere
  1882 7:23 apropos poudriere
  1883 7:23 man poudriere
  1884 7:24 Apropos poudriere
  1885 7:24 apro bulke
  1886 7:24 pkg iinfo poudriere
  1887 7:24 Apropos poudriere
I'm sorry.

How quaint of Mozilla to apologise.

Now, for the first time, I'm inspired to engage with AI, but only with a Slovenian accent and made-up words.

Back