Intel UHD 770: The x server with drivers does not start

Not long ago, I built a computer, and I decided to install two systems: Windows and FreeBSD. Windows started up quietly, and when I tried to start X server on FreeBSD, it gave an error that there were no screens. At the same time, the drivers were installed. There is no money to buy another GPU. How do I start the X server?

Having the same problem on a new computer now. All known requirements installed and loaded, but "no screens found". I don't know what I still need. Can't find any documentation that covers this hardware.

installed related packages:
drm-kmod
drm-515-kmod
xf86-video-intel

all depending kernel modules:
dmabuf.ko
linuxkpi-hdmi.ko
drm.ko
iic.ko
ttm.ko
i915kms.ko

Doesn't work without xorg.conf, nor a auto-generated xorg.conf with 'modesetting' changed to 'intel'

Can this have to do with not having UEFI secure boot enabled?
Can the choice syscons or vt as console driver make a difference? (sc causes a kernel freeze that even breaks ACPI at boot here. Have to hard reboot)
Is any linux-derived software a requirement to get X.org running?

Manually loading i915kms.ko sometimes results in a blank vt screen for half a second and exist with 0. It does something...

I don't believe xf86-video-intel should be needed. Also you need to install the firmware package (I don't see it in your list).

According to pciconf, this is a Raptor Lake system. There's no port for this firmware. All the firmware packages are installed with drm-kmod. It might work if I try out the others but what has to be done? Only load a firmware kernel module or also xorg.conf changes?
The xf86-video-intel port is obsoleted for this hardware, I think. I already had to comment out things in the portbuild to get rid of a compile error. The pkg binary has no problems, though. Going to remove it anyway and reinstall the drm ports.

May be the old problem that within the first 3 months of a new Release the drm drivers need to be build from source.
In case of 14.1-Release until end of September.

May be the old problem that within the first 3 months of a new Release the drm drivers need to be build from source.
In case of 14.1-Release until end of September.
That might be true. The ports version needs the system source tree. Looks like I have to do a buildkernel from vt.

Installed related packages:
drm-kmod
drm-515-kmod
Raptor Lake requires graphics/drm-61-kmod and at least 14.1-RELEASE, older version have no kernel support for drm-61-kmod.

You need to build the package from ports with 14.1 source code installed.

According to pciconf, this is a Raptor Lake system. There's no port for this firmware. All the firmware packages are installed with drm-kmod. It might work if I try out the others but what has to be done? Only load a firmware kernel module or also xorg.conf changes?
The xf86-video-intel port is obsoleted for this hardware, I think. I already had to comment out things in the portbuild to get rid of a compile error. The pkg binary has no problems, though. Going to remove it anyway and reinstall the drm ports.
Honestly I don't know what has to be done for the Raptor Lake firmware. In the dmesg output you should see an error it 915kms tried to load a firmware that cannot be found (I have a Tiger Lake chipset and those lines are definitely there).

Also you can try to compile drm-61-kmod from ports to see if it helps. There's no need to build the kernel, only the sources are needed (I'm sure of this because this is what I did).

AFAIK xorg.conf shouldn't be needed.

Edit: too late :)

You do not have to build a kernel. Just drm-kmod from source.

cd /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod and then make install clean

This may be be all it needs.

Honestly I don't know what has to be done for the Raptor Lake firmware. In the dmesg output you should see an error it 915kms tried to load a firmware that cannot be found (I have a Tiger Lake chipset and those lines are definitely there).

Also you can try to compile drm-61-kmod from ports to see if it helps. There's no need to build the kernel, only the sources are needed (I'm sure of this because this is what I did).

AFAIK xorg.conf shouldn't be needed.

Edit: too late :)
Drm-61-kmod seems to be working. Something still goes wrong at the X startup, but It changed my vt resolution to a tiny font size that I can't read. Going to plug in a laptop for a ssh terminal.

edit: it's working now without xorg.conf using drm-61-kmod from ports. I think this on-board Intel/MSI graphics is good enough for me. Still have to fix secure boot, I believe. This system doesn't see my custom FreeBSD memsticks and has no legacy USB boot option.

Back