I genuinely think freebsd would be more popular with a purely bsd eye-candy desktop environment

That's why I said that you can shop around. That was a top hit returned to me by Google in less than 30 seconds.

I can't shop on the internet, I don't have a bank account. But that's not the point. The point is, if you want an eye-candy desktop environment, sooner or later Lennart will appear, and instead of Berkeley Software Distribution you will have Lennart S**tware Distribution.

I think FreeBSD just needs better desktop documentation.

I think FreeBSD needs better users (not the ones who are already happily using FreeBSD). Aspire to be a better FreeBSD user! Read as much documentation as you can, and experiment all you have time for with FreeBSD.

It doesn't. But it patches them and offers to install them through pkg or ports collection. I'm not saying FreeBSD developers must make better documentation, just FreeBSD desktop needs better documentation.

I think FreeBSD needs better users (not the ones who are already happily using FreeBSD). Aspire to be a better FreeBSD user! Read as much documentation as you can, and experiment all you have time for with FreeBSD.
How do you come up with better users? (Aside from actually stepping away from the keyboard to make 'em) :p

Back