jails i am new to linux jails / emulation layer? how i can get a app to work

Well, it is distributed as a *.deb. If you have some Debian-ish install (Ubuntu, Mint) it would be fastest to copy and already installed tree over to freebsd, somewhere into /compat/linux/ and try to start it from there.

Then you go by error messages. When you get stuck you post here what you did and what the result was.
 
Hi, sorry to hijack, but I am kinda in the same situation.
I think I have prepared everything right and I can chroot in to my Ubuntu, but when I try to run either command of "sudo" or "apt" I get the "command not found"?
Any help much appreciated!
 
I haven't used it for a while, freebsd (linuxalator enabled) then goto caido web download page, download linux cli tgz file. It has only one file, "caido-cli". You dont need to be root/sudo .When you run it, it should open in browser and the rest is explained on caido help page.

It should only give you an error message when you start 'caido-cli' command if /compat/linux or something similar is not setuped.
When there is a new update, just download newer caido-cli version and overwrite old file.
 
Back
Top