Humble Indie Bundle games on FreeBSD

Hi all,

I have been a Gentoo user for about the last 6 years and have decided to come over and test the FreeBSD waters. So far I am really enjoying my stay! I am currently looking to transition my main desktop over to FreeBSD and felt that I could make that transition quite nicely.

Q:
The only thing I can't quite find an answer is, is it possible to get the Humble Indie Bundle games running under FreeBSD? From what I have read it seems that I might be able to accomplish this using the Linux compatibility later. I was wondering if anyone has had experience running any of the games on FreeBSD or if there is a list of ones people had tried?

If I have missed a site or post already discussion this matter feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Perhaps you might be interested in this thread on the freebsd-ports mailing list, there is mention of two games as part of the Humble Indie Bundle collection: Aquaria and Lugaru.

Please drop the Humble Indie Bundle team a mail that you would buy the bundle if the games ran on FreeBSD.

A user from bsdforen.de already did and at least the HIB team wanted to discuss the possibility of providing FreeBSD packages.

So I guess every mail will increase the possibility...

lme@ said:
So I guess every mail will increase the possibility...

Sounds good. I have already bought most of the games, but I will send then an email and ask if they would be willing to make a port of the games.

Thanks to anyone else who decides to send an email as well. If I get some free time to try any of the games I will try to post my results.

Also looking forward to maybe getting the steam beta working on FreeBSD as well!

Already a good post started on this topic! Link: Steam for Linux

Back