How to use two screens at the same time while I'm using FreeBSD.

No.

Code:
# xrandr --listproviders

Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id: 0x43 cap: 0xb, Source Output, Sink Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 3 outputs: 1 associated providers: 0 name:Intel

Screenshot_2022-07-18_18-26-33.jpg

So with that xorg.conf you are not seeing the nvidia device get loaded in the xorg.0.log file. That needs to be corrected before xrandr can use it. I'm not sure how to get there.

Why are you using both adapters?

You can disable the intel graphics and connect both screens to the nvidia card, it will work without a hasle.

To attach two monitors on two nvidia gpu ports is very unconfortable for me,because I use the bhyve virtual machines very often. And if I want to do that,I should reboot the PC.

What happens if I buy an HDMI splitter ? The idea is to attach two screens on the intel HDMI port. Could I use them at the same time in this way ? My answer : NO.

To attach two monitors on two nvidia gpu ports is very unconfortable for me,because I use the bhyve virtual machines very often. And if I want to do that,I should reboot the PC.
Please elaborate in more detail.
Given that bhyve does not support GPU pass-through I assume that your host has full control over the GPU.
Why would reboots be necessary?

What happens if I buy an HDMI splitter ? The idea is to attach two screens on the intel HDMI port. Could I use them at the same time in this way ?
Those splitters typically work by presenting a display to the host equivalent to the resolution of both monitors combined.
A GPU has a maximum resolution (per port and in total) that it can support. You want to make sure that your GPU will be able to handle that resolution of the "single display" that the splitter presents to the GPU.

Please elaborate in more detail.
Given that bhyve does not support GPU pass-through I assume that your host has full control over the GPU.
Why would reboots be necessary?

Those splitters typically work by presenting a display to the host equivalent to the resolution of both monitors combined.
A GPU has a maximum resolution (per port and in total) that it can support. You want to make sure that your GPU will be able to handle that resolution of the "single display" that the splitter presents to the GPU.

Bhyve supports the GPU passthru,man. For the Nvidia GPU it works only with a linux vm. For the amd gpu it works for linux and windows vm. If I want to use the Nvidia gpu on FreeBSD,I can't pass it thru on any Linux vm. If I want to do this,I need to reboot. My idea is different : I want to use the hdmi port of the intel gpu on FreeBSD and I want to use the HDMI port of the nvidia gpu as secondary monitor when I don't want to boot any bhyve vm. But in this way,I can even boot a bhyve vm without rebooting,because my primary gpu is the intel. I can choose between the first and the second option without rebooting the PC. Regarding the splitter,I've read that they don't allow to turn on two monitors at the same time,so this solution is not good at all.

Bhyve supports the GPU passthru,man.
Can you please provide supporting evidence for this (eg. the corresponding pieces of the official documentation)? Last time I checked GPU pass-through was not officially supported. I'd be very happy to see this being officially supported.

In any case, we're in 36 messages on this thread and now you mention that you're passing the GPU through a hypervisor to a VM. This seems like vital information that should have been provided by the initial post :)

Man,where have you been the last year ? I've started so many threads asking and showing that bhyve supports the GPU passthru. I've even helped the developers to enable this feature. I didn't talk about this because I've thought that it was not necessary,since my primary goal is to use two monitors at the same time,not to passthru my nvidia gpu. Maybe it was relevant,so I apologize for not mentioning this. Anyway I should clarify that officially bhyve does not support the gpu passthru,because the patches needed haven't been uploaded totally on the FreeBSD code,but you can do that applying them for your own.

So,now,could you rack your brain to come up with some good advice to help me do what I want ? :D thanks.

People have here helped you a lot in your 50-100 threads. Now someone have a question to you and you have not answered in a nice way.

Instead its something like do you live under a rock?

It was intended as a playful provocation. The provocations may not like to everyone,but they are not insults or bad attitudes. I understand how much difficult is to understand the emotional tone and the meaning that the interlocutor wants to express in chat,but that's it. Please don't be always so serious.

Reactions: mer
I have a good advice for you: If you want help, think about your attitude.

I don't understand what this means.

It means: Be nice rather than a bitch.

People have here helped you a lot in your 50-100 threads. Now someone have a question to you and you have not answered in a nice way.

Instead its something like do you live under a rock?
If I were a mom or a moderator, I'd say "Knock it off". I think we are running into the limits of the medium (Internet, typing, etc). Sorry if I'm out of line saying this, but maybe everyone take a step back, a deep breath, a sip of an adult beverage.
I have no dog in this fight (Sorry, Americanism phrase), but poking the bear, stirring the hornets nest, not helpful.

Well, he asked for an advice and i gave him an advice. No harm intended.

Sometimes the best advice is one of the sociological kind.

Maybe an HDMI switch then? also if one of the screens has a second hdmi or dvi input you can switch between using the OSD or one of the buttons should work as input selector.

Back