How old are you?

50 < age < 55

Started with springs, hairclips and wooden breadboards in the 60s!

Ah, those were the days when a transistor meant a handheld wireless (radio) and LPs were played on turntables encased in rosewood cabinets :)

trev said:
50 < age < 55

Started with springs, hairclips and wooden breadboards in the 60s!

Ah, those were the days when a transistor meant a handheld wireless (radio) and LPs were played on turntables encased in rosewood cabinets :)

Transistors were indeed a big deal. It took three to make a radio. I've actually got both a 2N107 and a 2N170 with their "huge" distinctive cases in front of me right now - they're real classics. To give an idea of the kind of parts hoarder I am, I got those two from MIT in '66 when my friend's father worked there. Do kids still use soldering irons by the way?

Age 62 IIRC.

Suffice it to say I remember when calculators sat on the desk, had a big metal hand crank on the side, and were known as adding machines.

Trihexagonal said:
Suffice it to say I remember when calculators sat on the desk, had a big metal hand crank on the side, and were known as adding machines.

I still have one or two in my basement :)

I was born when .....

Texas Instruments released the TI-99/4 microcomputer. This system generally used audio cassettes to store information, along with ROM modules, similar to gaming units, to hold commercial software. Additionally, TI made available a speech synthesizer, based on their own chip, for the TI-99/4 and its successor, the 4A.

;)

Back