How old are you?

DrJ said:
Well over 50, with a 13-year-old granddaughter.

I'm also over 50 with a nineteen year old granddaughter. I remember the CP/M operating system, eight inch floppies and JRT Pascal. God, this really sucks!

Ron said:
I remember the CP/M operating system, eight inch floppies and JRT Pascal. God, this really sucks!

So do I. I still have 8" floppies here, and drives that can read them. And an original source disk for Turbo Pascal for CP/M 86. I also have the original documentation from the 7th edition of Unix (volumes 1 and 2!).

Remember that life starts at 50. The young'uns have no idea yet.

DrJ said:
So do I. I still have 8" floppies here, and drives that can read them. And an original source disk for Turbo Pascal for CP/M 86. I also have the original documentation from the 7th edition of Unix (volumes 1 and 2!).

Remember that life starts at 50. The young'uns have no idea yet.

Sigh ... Why am I not surprised ... Why am I not surprised?

14 years old, Electrotechnician, Computing Science - High School
used windows 5 years, linux 2 and now starting with FreeBSD

20. also I kind of live in the past at times so sometimes it is like I am 15 as well;)

Born in '61, but I stopped counting a few years back.

And if you ask my kids they will give the same answer as I always give: 27.

Proof: The kids are 12 and 13 and in school scoring well, even won maths awards, so they must be smart; ergo: 27: is correct.

old enough to have written FORTRAN on punch cards and remember when 8K of RAM was actually useful - especially if you had the 20 lb disk-pack that gave you a whopping 7 MB of storage.

ahh, the good old days :)

ckester said:
58, another old curmudgeon

In my day we didn't have any fancy GUI's and stuff like that. We did everything from the command line and we LIKED it!

I use to dream of a command line, all I had was a keyboard, but tell that to the kids of today!!!

Old enough to spout of Python-ism!!

50 here, with a 28, 23, and 13 year old daughters and 9, 7, 5 and 3 year old granddaughters

Back