Solved How much it's worth to wait for Ryzen 6800G APU's for FreeBSD?

I decided to plan for building a custom PC whose motherboard is MSi, and whose AMD processor is maybe sth like Ryzen 6800G APU (due to my intention not requiring any discrete graphics) about to be available at about late January, which starts supporting DDR5 RAM's since then
And i'm about to play some retro games like TEKKEN 3~6; TEKKEN vs SF; and Street Fighter 3~4 and Alpha by an app named Mednaffe and Super Robot Wars 30 by STEAM on FreeBSD 13-STABLE in that custom PC, and about to also stream my own gameplays onto YouTube by OBS, and some post-product mixes of gameplays by sth like KDEn1ive and Olive
To the bottom lines, how much AMD's 6000G APU's are worth to be waited for building a custom PC by this platform?

1. We don't know, worthiness is inherently subjective (especially since there are no benchmarks for an unreleased product). 2. You are going to wait for the updated amdgpu port for at least another year after the CPU release.

When Navi and RDNA (AMD APU’s have introduced them since Zen 3+ 6000G/H/U series soon at about this spring) have been available in h/w, but our drivers and f/w for them still spend about a year to be upgraded to in sync with the actual h/w?

I don't understand that sentence at all, but currently AMD/Intel graphics drivers (the 5.7-wip branch to be precise) lag 1.5 years behind upstream (that would be the Linux kernel).

So in order not to wait for our lagged drivers from the actual h/w at all,
i'm about to build an 4750G APU instead with max 115GiB DDR4 RAM’s w/o a middleway need (for the motherboard’s lifecycle) to upgrade RAM’s anymore for long
I’m quite generous for getting as much as possible RAM’s and NVMe SSD’s, max 3.63TiB for 2 × Samsung or 2 × WD or Samsung + WD
I also need an 16.3TiB 3.5’’ mecha drives for my pink drama archives☺️

Don't bother. I've got 4650G APU and it is not yet supported even in 14-CURRENT. Normally amdgpu doesn't load it but it can be forced by turning on experimental hardware option (in sysctl's) but it seems to trigger either kernel panic or hang. These Ryzen APU's seem to be complete pita driver-wise. I've also got Windows 2016 spare license and I found I can't use that APU with Win2016 either. No driver from AMD (that also incidentally includes Windows 10 LTSB branch - users of that version of Win10 are equally screwed-over).
So, what's left? Linux?

Back