GhostBSD-1.0-Beta live CD official release

ericbsd

Developer
GhostBSD Team is proud to release GhostBSD 1.0 Beta live CD.
The DVD and amd64 CD and DVD is coming soon.

I made a new theme. Some testers think it will be better to make a plain theme and it will be more professional. After all i work for this project for you not for me.

This is the old theme
attachment.php

The old link always open.
http://www.2shared.com/file/9050582/568cdc4b/GhostBSD-10-beta.html

This is the new theme.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The new link.
http://www.2shared.com/file/9069829/9c14b40/GhostBSD-10-Beta.html
In GhostBSD 1.0 we add some new feature: Procfs, kernel sound support. Exaile, more Gstreamer plugins, Swfdec plugin, Xchat, cpu run coller.

We update to FreeBSD 8.0, gnome2.26.3.

We fix some bugs from the other version.

To do: finish the installer, make a network manager, package manager and update manager. Finish the web page ghostbsd.org.

Thanks for past and future support.

GhostBSD Team
and
Eric Turgeon
alias
corpsemassacre

I like old theme.... Is there a way to download it (only theme)?

Screenshot with old theme looks so Geeky (or should I spell geekee?) :)

killasmurf86 said:
I like old theme.... Is there a way to download it (only theme)?

Screenshot with old theme looks so Geeky (or should I spell geekee?) :)

click on the link under old theme.

ericturgeon said:
To do: finish the installer, make a network manager, package manager and update manager

hi there!

downloading now...but...is this version ready? is the installer ready(graphical or text)? does the network works? has package manager and update manager?

Uh brother... of course it works and it's ready... it's not windows you're downloading.

Now while you're downloading, take time and read The Handbook, at least relevant sections

EDIT:
UPS. Wrong tab....

Frenzy a better FreeBSD than GhostBSD . . .

So far GhostBSD is NOT a very impressive live version of FreeBSD,
and probably is doing the very powerful Unix platform FreeBSD an injustice and misrepresentation. . .

Is there some problem with the Ghost BSD iso - not able to be even downloaded by torrent iso yet (let alone free download)?

So, are there any users of Frenzy 1.1 that know if it contains rarpd daemon as part of it's system administrator and network administrator functions.

Thanks.

@jenaniston

Can you please stick to existing topics? No need to open a new topic for every post.

DutchDaemon said:
@jenaniston

Can you please stick to existing topics? No need to open a new topic for every post.

But since there is no GhostBSD Live iso to download . . .
- even if there is a page that looks like there is -
then maybe there could be a new thread on that topic -
ya'know just to clarify that error - and keep others from chasing something that doesn't exist.

Also, btw, being able to edit posts on the forum would be a really good idea -
though it's not readily apparent how to edit a previous post.

Thanks.

jenaniston said:
So far GhostBSD is NOT a very impressive live version of FreeBSD, and probably is doing the very powerful Unix platform FreeBSD an injustice and misrepresentation. . .

Is there some problem with the Ghost BSD iso - not able to be even downloaded by torrent iso yet (let alone free download)?
Just curious: how do you know if you cannot download the .iso?
In general the project is only couple of months old so the team could have some difficulties particularly with hosting.

Please be advised that Frenzy1.2 (based on 8.0) became recently available though it's a modified version. You may want to contact its author and ask him.

zeiz said:
. . . how do you know if you cannot download the .iso?

I clicked on the link, and you were right - it could have been the hosting -
as I would just loop back to the same page.

But, I did finally get the GhostBSD-1.0-Beta.iso downloaded to my desktop - burned to CD -
and as a Beta this is all I get on the screen at boot up :

Code:
CD Loader 1.2

Building the bootloader arguments
Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... Found

Read Error: 0x04

I have a bank of about 200 university computers with only about 10 people here (winter semester break)
and can try on different computers -
with a few where I can get into setup and change bios sequence, but most are CD-ROM first anyway.

This same screen on bootup is what I get on all computers I've tried.

Anyway with a 1.0 Beta it's gonna be like this.

I have Frenzy 1.1 now burned to CD as well,
and the 8.0 RELEASE-dvd1.iso to a DVD - but it prompts for installations which I don't want yet.

I'll have to wait for the GhostBSD as a live version - but will try download and burn again, though same result expected.

Thanks all for your help so far.

jenaniston said:
Also, btw, being able to edit posts on the forum would be a really good idea -
though it's not readily apparent how to edit a previous post.

Read the FAQ or the Sticky in General.

Back