Solved GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Consolekit,Manager.GeneralError?

I get an error pop up everytime I start LXDE that seems to be related to lxpolkit.

The full error is:
Code:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Consolekit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '831'.

This happens on my other machines with FreeBSD installed as well could someone please help me resolve this?

If you start LXDE (or any other WM) through KDM, GDM or Slim a DBus/ConsoleKit session is automatically created before the WM is started. However, if you use startx you need to start this session yourself. This is what the ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session {...} does, it starts a proper DBus/ConsoleKit session.

If you start LXDE (or any other WM) through KDM, GDM or Slim a DBus/ConsoleKit session is automatically created before the WM is started. However, if you use startx you need to start this session yourself. This is what the ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session {...} does, it starts a proper DBus/ConsoleKit session.

Thank you for clearing that up this solves a lot of confusion for me.

Create a default ~/.xinitrc to start LXDE
Code:
ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
See xinit(1) man page for further details.

Command below works only from a console not a login manager.

However .xinitrc is not complete. Some additional variables are needed (especially XDG_..., for LXQt it is the same thing). The simplest way is to:

Code:
cp /usr/local/bin/startlxde ~/.xinitrc

Create a default ~/.xinitrc to start LXDE
Code:
ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
See xinit(1) man page for further details.
Why does this error occur even though is added to the ~/.xinitrc file?

Code:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Error.General: Unable to lookup session information for process '20718'

screenlx.png

Back