Solved GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Consolekit,Manager.GeneralError?

aimeec1995

I get an error pop up everytime I start LXDE that seems to be related to lxpolkit.

The full error is:
Code:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Consolekit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '831'.
This happens on my other machines with FreeBSD installed as well could someone please help me resolve this?

OP
OP
A

aimeec1995

Create a default ~/.xinitrc to start LXDE
Code:
ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
See xinit(1) man page for further details.
Thank you that has resolved it for me. I will read into the man page anyways however.

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

If you start LXDE (or any other WM) through KDM, GDM or Slim a DBus/ConsoleKit session is automatically created before the WM is started. However, if you use startx you need to start this session yourself. This is what the ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session {...} does, it starts a proper DBus/ConsoleKit session.

OP
OP
A

aimeec1995

If you start LXDE (or any other WM) through KDM, GDM or Slim a DBus/ConsoleKit session is automatically created before the WM is started. However, if you use startx you need to start this session yourself. This is what the ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session {...} does, it starts a proper DBus/ConsoleKit session.
Thank you for clearing that up this solves a lot of confusion for me.

olivierd

Code:
Command below works only from a console not a login manager.

However .xinitrc is not complete. Some additional variables are needed (especially XDG_..., for LXQt it is the same thing). The simplest way is to:

Code:
cp /usr/local/bin/startlxde ~/.xinitrc

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

However .xinitrc is not complete. Some additional variables are needed (especially XDG_..., for LXQt it is the same thing). The simplest way is to:
Not really necessary since the .xinitrc starts that exact same script.

teo

Aspiring Daemon

Code:
Why does this error occur even though is added to the ~/.xinitrc file?

Code:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Error.General: Unable to lookup session information for process '20718'
screenlx.png