Solved From your point of views which one is easier to learn Operating System or Networking?

Not sure this is good to post at here but seem I mixed a little bit.

1. I am thinking between Operating System and Networking can someone tell me your opinion after learn two of these thing? I really like FreeBSD but I like networking too. But which one is easier to learn because this can be the last time I can learn in this year. Next year I have to pass the weird high school exam.

2. And yeah and I hear somewhere on the Internet said that my government will put cybersecurity laws in my country maybe next year or anytime I don't know and I'm not free to learn about the outside world anymore (actually it already have but I think it not strong enough to control me like example they have banned some website and I can feel it). Oh, I live in Vietnam (():))(<)()). Is there any tips for me?

3. Unix has death, I know but how did it die?

4. Is there any projects that can link BSD developers together and improve BSD?

I'm not really sure about the second but it was nice if I could know. Please give me some tips to survive.

1. Why one or the other? On FreeBSD you can learn about both. Which one's easier? I have no idea what your level of knowledge is, so it's impossible to say. Some people try to learn about TCP/IP and never get it. Others pick it up really easy. The same can be said about operating systems.
  2. Learn how to use a VPN effectively.
  3. Unix isn't dead. That's just rubbish.
  4. You're looking at it.

1. Why one or the other? On FreeBSD you can learn about both. Which one's easier? I have no idea what your level of knowledge is, so it's impossible to say. Some people try to learn about TCP/IP and never get it. Others pick it up really easy. The same can be said about operating systems.
I know C that and algorithm that is all thing I have.

With regards to networking, at least learn the basics. IP addresses, netmasks, subnetting, routing and DNS. You don't need to know all the intimate details but you should know how the basics work.

Both are important and can be very complex. A network can not exist without operating systems, so OS are kind of more basic. Thus I'd say learn the basics of OS first. Eventually, you'll develop some understanding of both. UNIX is not dead, the opposite is true ;) similar to RISC for CPU. It is used all around you, e.g. the most used CPUs are ARM and/or MIPS (in smartphones/appliances/embedded) and neither Intel/AMD/IBM (which are also RISC under the hood). Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there -- e.g. it is commonly believed MINIX 3 is the OS with the most installations, because it runs the ME on modern Intel CPUs. That's UNIX, right? (Embedded devices mostly do not have such OOB management facilities and run a plethora of different real-time OS; most of these are UNIX-like)

Back