FreeBSD Foundation?

Hi guys! I just want to say more power to FreeBSD! I love this OS and keep learning things everyday. But something is bothering me, what happens if FreeBSD Foundation does not fullfil its monetary goal?
Amount Raised: $265,071
Goal: $1,250,000

FreeBSD the Operating System will still continue despite of that right? I just keep worrying that it might affect it somehow.

Thanks! :)

Someone who knows more about this will explain it better but the big push on donations comes at the end of the year. iirc, they were a million or so short last year in December and wound up going over that amount by the end of December.

If they don't reach their fundraising goals they will borrow from their rainy day fund to maintain the current level of funding.
Obviously this is less then ideal.

Last year I gave 1 big donation while this year I have done several smaller ones. I am please that the donation list tallies my multiple donations for the donor list. It is nice to have my donations recognized in the full amount for the year.. I like seeing my name on the donor list.
Whats surprising is the amount of developers on the list. Work their butts off and give money too. Wow that is dedication.

Last year I gave 1 big donation while this year I have done several smaller ones. I am please that the donation list tallies my multiple donations for the donor list. It is nice to have my donations recognized in the full amount for the year.. I like seeing my name on the donor list.
Whats surprising is the amount of developers on the list. Work their butts off and give money too. Wow that is dedication.

Thank you Phishfry! I also give donation whenever I can. I hope something amazing will happen to FreeBSD that will reach there goal within the year. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Back