Solved FreeBSD 14, Raspberry Pi4 (8GB) and Netdata

I am using a Pi4(8GB) as NAS at home, plain vanilla FreeBSD14 patched to latest P5. Using two Red Sata SSD in a mirrored ZFS setup and Netdata to monitor the Pi. Netdata is also compiled out of the box on the Pi4. The OS is booting from a micro SD card, it is not the fastest server around but it works very well since I installed it about 4 months ago.
Sometimes Netdata reports one error, out_of_disk_space_time for disk_space.tmp. And I have investigated logs, but cannot find any issues. Does anyone know what might cause Netdata to report the issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 06.54.23.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 06.54.23.png
    931.1 KB · Views: 43
What is the power supply for SSDs - powered hub?
The Power Supply is the standard 15W Raspberry Pi Power.. I have measured the power, the Pi idle and uses about 5-6 W, when doing a scrub on pool it uses max 9 W. The SSDs are connected directly one the Pi, no Hub... I was afraid the 15W was not enough. I bought a power supply meter and it has not passed 10W yet ...

a quick google search return:
Will check it out... Thx
The micro SSD is 64GB and the FreeBSD install is default, no changes to size. The filesystem on micro SSD is UFS... And checking in /var/log is no help either, no disk errors as far as I can find in logs..

At 3:00 am it FreeBSD usually run's periodic cron job and it's writing to your disk with rate that it will fill your rest of free space in 1h. That's why you receive this warning. So you can either disable this alarm or ignore it.

At 3:00 am it FreeBSD usually run's periodic cron job and it's writing to your disk with rate that it will fill your rest of free space in 1h. That's why you receive this warning. So you can either disable this alarm or ignore it.
OK, thx.. I will just ignore the alarm.. it does not happen every day, only once in a while ..

Back