Solved FreeBSD 13, XSane runs only from root

Goodmorning all, this is my first time here and I'm in my first days with FreeBSD 13 , while I'm already dealing with NomadBSD since some months. Sorry then if I may appear much "knowledgeless" in my help requests, that is what I really am, and if I'm asking here means that have already researched on man pages and on the web generally.
I've successfully and fully installed FreeBSD 13 - Xfce4 desktop on a USB stick to boot when plugged in a USB3 port of my laptop. I could install/configure/use almost everything I need. One of the things non perfectly working (more will follow here, please don't blame me) is XSane. It only starts if I run it in a terminal as root, not as my user. I believe there are permissions to set or a command to add my user as authorized. It is an USB connected scanner.
Could you suggest me how to face this need?
Thank you much

Hello and welcome,

I recommend you to allow your user to access all USB devices, that's convenient on a desktop and probably the expected behaviour for most people.

/etc/devfs.conf (for devices already connected at boot time)
Code:
perm    usb/*    0660

/etc/devfs.rules (for devices that you connect while the system is running)
Code:
[localrules=10]
add path 'usb/*' mode 0660 group operator
(make sure your user is member of the "operator" group)

/etc/rc.conf
Code:
devfs_system_ruleset="localrules"

thank you first of all for moving my post in the right section.
SirDice I have seen your suggestion of the XSane man section which I've read, it mentioned some parameters to deal with for discovering connection ports and CUPS handling that I'm not sure I can safely apply, but thank both to you and bsduck for replying, I could solve my need by applying his indications.
:)
Ciao

Back