So I installed the BETA3 image on a new Pi 3B (no plus). It left a number of questions
- Console speed was 115200 - the wiki says 9600. Is that a 3B only thing?
- File system layout is an msdosfs for /boot/msdos, and a ufs for /. Nothing else. The root fs did NOT have noatime set. Is that on purpose?
- Does that system anything to accomodate the fact that it runs on some crappy flash card? If so, what? If not - what can I do?
- If I wanted to change the layout to one with a separate / and /usr - can I just put the flash card into another BSD system, tar the file systems, wipe the card, create my new layout, restore the files from tar (including device files I guess) and adjust fstab as needed ? Or are there hidden traps I have to expect? What about those strange device files for the volumes - will they come up automatically, or do I have to create them?
- my display keeps eating most of the leftmost character in each line. I tried the solution given elsewhere around here with setting the oversacn variables in config.txt, but that does not seem to have any effect. Ideas?