FreeBSD 10 Link aggregation problem

I recently updated to FreeBSD 10-BETA4. Here is my problem. Link aggregation is not working any more. Using only one of my two network cards I can connect to Internet. Using both I cannot. Now I am writing from a Mac. So it is impossible to post exactly my /etc/rc.conf. But if anyone knows why it is not working, I would appreciate if could tell me what to do.

P.S. I have checked /etc/resolv.conf, /boot/loader.conf, /etc/rc.conf, I rebuilt the world and kernel, and I have no firewall. Everything seems to be right. Besides, everything was working on FreeBSD 9.2 excellently and crashed when I updated to FreeBSD 10 just like that.

It may not apply to your case, but I upgraded FreeBSD 10.0-BETA3 to BETA4 yesterday and my lagg still works. It consists of a wireless (ath) and a wired (vr) combo. The lagg interface was created before upgrading from 9.2 to 10. If it can be of some help I can post the configuration files.

So is mine but after upgrading to FreeBSD 10 it just stopped. Post me your configurations please to be sure that my configuration files too are all good. Mine consists of two embedded on my motherboard (Asus P5K3 Deluxe). The first is Realtek (re0) and the other one is Marvel (msk0).

I am one step before I drop my computer from the window. x( I checked everything a gazillion times. msk0 is up and active. re0 is up and active. lagg0 is up and active.

/etc/resolv.conf:
Code:
nameserver 192.168.1.1

/etc/rc.conf:
Code:
hostname="Unix"
defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
ifconfig_msk0="up"
ifconfig_re0="up"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport msk0 laggport re0 192.168.1.6 netmask 255.255.255.0"

/etc/hosts.allow:
Code:
ALL :ALL :allow

/etc/hosts:
Code:
192.168.1.1 router

Maybe I don't know a lot about FreeBSD but this is right. And yes. The host is down! I checked the cables, checked everything. It just doesn't want to see the router. I want to smash my keyboard! x(

Here they are, but please note that I only modified /etc/rc.conf and /etc/hosts and that lagg setup comes directly from the handbook:
/etc/resolv.conf:
Code:
# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 86.64.145.145
nameserver 84.103.237.148
/etc/rc.conf:
Code:
…
hostname="Marianne.Juan.home"
background_dhclient="YES"

ifconfig_vr0="up"
ifconfig_ath0="ether 00:13:d3:b9:17:67"
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA -bgscan"
#ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto failover laggport vr0 laggport wlan0 DHCP"
…
/etc/hosts.allow:
Code:
ALL : ALL : allow
/etc/hosts:
Code:
::1			localhost Marianne.Juan.home
127.0.0.1	localhost Marianne.Juan.home
Hope it helps somehow!

OK. I found something. On lacp the network crashes. On failover it works. Why does it crash? It was always working on lacp.

Ok. Now I am trying to set the entire system and ports up again. I will be back for this when all the others will be ready and running well. At least for now I have link aggregation and network too :beer

You solved it? I am facing a similar issue after upgrading.

I have two igb devices which were combined using LACP mode in FreeBSD 9.2. I just upgraded and now am offline.

When I re-create the lagg0 device:

Code:
can't re-use a leaf (lacp_strict_mode)!
can't re-use a leaf (rx_test)!
can't re-use a leaf (tx_test)!

Problem solved. There will be a patch in 10.1, for me setting the switch to ACTIVE lacp fixed it.

At least one side of an LACP bundle has to be active. If both sides are passive then no link negotiations will occur. As a result I've always had a "best practice" of setting LACP ports on routers as active.

It seems that with FreeBSD 10 they changed the default behavior from active to passive?

I have same problem this is my rc.conf config :

55547900747904444586.png

And this is the error :

45270983837383552194.png

Back