FOSwiki, FreeBSD 13.2, Apache 2.4, FCGI

I guess I sent this to the wrong forum.

I have a default Apache 2.4 setup on a new FreeBSD 13.2 VM. I'm trying to get FOSwiki to run.

I can get default cgi-bin/test-cgi to interpret and it works fine. I'm trying to get the latest version of FOSwiki, 2.1.7 to install.

They have an Apache 2.4 configurator and I used it and changed the paths to be BSD-like in /usr/local in the generated file foswiki.fcgi

I put that file in the /usr/local/etc/apache24/Includes directory and .... bleah.... I've gotten, through numerous attempts, the text of the .fcgi PERL script but never the execution of it.

Please help. I've, sadly, been on this for over a day. :(

Paul

Attachments

• foswiki.conf
    7.1 KB · Views: 48
  • httpd.conf
    20.8 KB · Views: 60
Good day, wish it did. I had that uncommented before. :) I just wish projects would document things better than just 'here.... this might work' .... 'Hello, it doesn't work. Can you assist?' *crickets*

If they were more like FreeBSD, I'd have the answer in a day or two if it was strictly about FreeBSD.

I've had a play and these steps seem to get foswiki up and running on a brand new FreeBSD-13.2 instance for me. It should be noted that I've never used FosWiki before.
Code:
pkg install www/apache24
pkg install www/foswiki
pkg install www/mod_fcgid
pkg install www/p5-FCGI
add/edit to /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf
Code:
<IfModule !mpm_prefork_module>
        LoadModule cgid_module libexec/apache24/mod_cgid.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
        LoadModule cgi_module libexec/apache24/mod_cgi.so
</IfModule>

LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache24/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule fcgid_module libexec/apache24/mod_fcgid.so

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
</IfModule>
for the Foswiki apache24 configurator I changed these settings then updated the file (all other options were used as default)
Code:
filesystem path: /usr/local/www/foswiki
Runtime engine: FastCGI
FastCGI module:  mod_fcgid
then save the file in /usr/local/etc/apache24/Includes/foswiki.conf

start Apache24 and browse to yourserver/foswiki and it seems to work, although as I've never used Foswiki you are on your own with setting that up

If things don't work, look in /var/log/httpd-error.log for troubleshooting, as it will detail any missing Perl or Apache modules or other issues.

Anlashok,

THANK YOU!!!! It works great. I love people in the FreeBSD community. Always so helpful...but this... this was above and beyond. To actually go in and verify the work.... amazing, sir, I thank you!

I'll forward this to the FOSwiki project so they have it.

It looks like they have a similar report for FreeBSD setup but, effectively, non-working. Also, there's several PERL packages that are not available. p5-locale-Languages is not in the latest PERL version. Also, their error messages for 'test'ing buttons are not so open/clear. There's also an issue where they are trying to detect p5-Mail-MIME that fails, despite it being installed.

Back