Firefox to go full AI with new CEO

Seems to be a port of the linux version of the 'brave' browser available too: https://www.freshports.org/www/linux-brave/ . Although I haven't tried it.

We have waterfox and librewolf... waterfox is working fine here, I like it. I only played with librewolf briefly, but it seemed ok.

There is also 'vivaldi' on linux, but I couldn't find a port of it for freebsd. With a choice of waterfox and librewolf already, as alternatives to AI firefox, we're not too badly off, it could be a lot worse.
 
I kinda don't like brave and all the crypto currency nonsense and the insane people that run it.
Like I know Mozilla is bad yes but I would rather still run Firefox and rip out the AI out of it or use a fork of it then ever ever touch Brave.
Plus there are much better forks of chromium out there like Helium where the only issue I have with it is that it is appimage only.
 
Browsers are for acquiring information.
Information should be relevant i.e. lead to decision.
....and cat videos and sexy ladies.
Cat videos and sexy ladies are getting AI generated anyway.
Information acquiring a naturel from webpages is very tiresome, especially when RSS is behind paywalls at best.
Makes sense for Ai agent to compile reports for you according to your preferences as to volume, level of detail and style.

Few extraordinary authors will have their blogs. The rest of web will be catered to machines scraping it.
Browser market/demand will thus be minimal, especially compared to it's dominance of desktop in recent decade.

Brave with it's default ad blocker (not dodgy plugins) has better chance of survival than preachy Fireflop SJW llc.

Fundamentals of Ai are contrary to the web Browser technology. Firefox is like Yellow pages trying to be relevant with Internet.
 
1791723817739.png
 
Browsers are for acquiring information.
Information should be relevant i.e. lead to decision.
....and cat videos and sexy ladies.
Cat videos and sexy ladies are getting AI generated anyway.
Information acquiring a naturel from webpages is very tiresome, especially when RSS is behind paywalls at best.
Makes sense for Ai agent to compile reports for you according to your preferences as to volume, level of detail and style.

Few extraordinary authors will have their blogs. The rest of web will be catered to machines scraping it.
Browser market/demand will thus be minimal, especially compared to it's dominance of desktop in recent decade.

Brave with it's default ad blocker (not dodgy plugins) has better chance of survival than preachy Fireflop SJW llc.

Fundamentals of Ai are contrary to the web Browser technology. Firefox is like Yellow pages trying to be relevant with Internet.
I think it's time we take the FreeBSD forum offline. As in have a face-to-face forum. Ummm, I can't believe I'm coming out as a radical to suggest to have an in-person back and forth with people.
 
Back
Top