firefox quantum on FreeBSD?

… I'll use firefox-esr (52 version should be supported untill 2018?) and …

July 2018, please see https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates

From What is the procedure to request a port ?:

A smart idea, thanks, but 52.x will not support what I require. See for example post 16 under So you are really killing the addon ecosystem now. Congratulations - Add-ons - Mozilla Discourse

Around ten days ago I began using Waterfox 56.0 (discussion). A switch from Firefox 56.0.2.

If I do switch to Firefox Quantum, it will probably be after the July 2018 release of version 61. (Allowing a few months – for developers to recreate required extensions; for users and developers to test the novelties in concert with each other; and so on.)

From the NoScript Options menu? It shows every site I've ever enabled scripting for, I don't see a way to remove any of them. Only change a site status (Trusted/Untrusted/Default) or change the permissions for the site by left clicking on the icon in the page.

The extensions are the main reason I use www/firefox, with NoScript being what I consider the most important one, for my purposes
Tried NoScript with FF 57. According to the description of its usage, given by somebody here, you use it to block ALL scripts on a page and then turn them ON one by one until the site restores such of its functionality that you need with all you don't need still left blocked. Well, this idea is clear and understandable.

Evidently, then, this is NOT how the addon works now. There is NO option to allow scripts one by one, but instead it either BLOCKS or ALLOWS all scripts on a given page. Worst of all, even if you "whitelist" certain pages, they still remain broken and won't load normally. Well, maybe this is just default behaviour , which can be corrected via configuration options? If so, it evidently is not the best one to start with.

However, there is this page from the developer listing some of the hidden options and workarounds.

This is how how it worked with the old version, which is still available for www/palemoon. The new version has been neutered and is not nearly as configurable.

noscript01.png

Tried NoScript with FF 57. According to the description of its usage, given by somebody here, you use it to block ALL scripts on a page and then turn them ON one by one until the site restores such of its functionality that you need with all you don't need still left blocked. Well, this idea is clear and understandable.

Evidently, then, this is NOT how the addon works now. There is NO option to allow scripts one by one, but instead it either BLOCKS or ALLOWS all scripts on a given page. Worst of all, even if you "whitelist" certain pages, they still remain broken and won't load normally. Well, maybe this is just default behaviour , which can be corrected via configuration options? If so, it evidently is not the best one to start with.

However, there is this page from the developer listing some of the hidden options and workarounds.
I personally find umatrix to be a lot more useful than NoScript for most things. It's much more flexible and I don't have the same issues I had with NoScript having to go through and enable things that reveal other things.

I personally find umatrix to be a lot more useful than NoScript for most things. It's much more flexible and I don't have the same issues I had with NoScript having to go through and enable things that reveal other things.
From the description sounds very promising. Will give it a try, thank you.

Code:
…
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'qutebrowser' have been found in the repositories
$

Instead:

Code:
root@momh167-gjp4-hpelitebook8570p-freebsd:~ # pkg install qutebrowser-py36
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
Updating area51 repository catalogue...
area51 repository is up to date.
Updating poudriere repository catalogue...
poudriere repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
The following 22 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        qutebrowser-py36: 1.0.4 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-opengl: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-widgets: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-gui: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-core: 5.7.1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-webkitwidgets: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-webkit: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-network: 5.7.1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-printsupport: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-cssutils: 1.0.2,1 [FreeBSD]                                                                                                      
        py36-pygments: 2.2.0 [FreeBSD]                                                                                                        
        py36-pyPEG2: 2.15.2 [FreeBSD]                                                                                                        
        py36-MarkupSafe: 1.0 [FreeBSD]                                                                                                        
        py36-qt5-qml: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]                                                                                                      
        py36-yaml: 3.11_2 [FreeBSD]
        py36-sip: 4.19.2,1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-colorama: 0.3.7 [FreeBSD]
        py36-attrs: 17.3.0 [FreeBSD]
        py36-Jinja2: 2.10 [FreeBSD]
        py36-Babel: 2.5.1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-pytz: 2017.3,1 [FreeBSD]
        py36-qt5-sql: 5.7.1_1 [FreeBSD]

Number of packages to be installed: 22

The process will require 69 MiB more space.
11 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

Back