Finding a MiniPC with good FreeBSD support for its graphics processor

This thread started as a question about what what was probably an unsupported miniPC, but I got impatient while waiting for a reply, so I did a little more searching, and stumbled onto this post while searching the FreeBSD Forums for a FreeBSD-compatible miniPC:

I am using a Mini PC for my daily work and love the little thing.

It's a Minisforum UM560 XT and I'm running FreeBSD 14.0 Release on it as a Desktop computer with KDE Plasma.
Everything works fine for me. Suspend/Resume is no problem and the little thing is super fast.

A bit about the Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 6 Core 12 Thread
AMD Radeon Vega 7 RX iGPU. This is way way better than any Intel integrated stuff.
32 GB Ram
520 GB PCI ssd

And the best thing it is super quiet. Most of the time I can not hear it. To make it's fan audible I have to put some heavy load on it.

The only thing I have not worked out yet is audio. It has one of this combined Speaker/Headset sockets and so far no luck with
making it work. But will get there only takes a bit longer. In the meantime I use a USB Sound card. This one worked out of the box.

Here are a couple of links with more infos:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeKPvSiNaWM

I have just recently installed FreeBSD onto Beelink SER5 with AMD Ryzen 5560U and RX Vega7 and it works (almost) like a charm.

The only missing piece so far is sound, the system detects the sound card fine and shows no errors yet there is no sound when playing music or video.
I guess it requires some tinkering with /boot/device.hints but so far I worked around this by using a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter for which there is a handy USB-C port in the front right near the line-in jack.

Other than that it works great, quite powerful and very quiet overall.

FreeBSD 14.0 RELEASE works on this mini pc:

Fujitsu Esprimo Q556/2
Core i5 7400T
8 GB RAM
500 GB SSD (SATA)
Intel HD Graphics 630
Gigabit Ethernet LAN (no wifi)

I bought it as a refurbished pc two weeks ago and everything works very well ... no problems at all ...

What is your problem. Do what it tells you in the handbook and it should work out of the box.

If not a few more info's about the problem would be helpful.

Back