• Other

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Antix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets talk about pkgbase 😈
Yeah. Lets talk about what it says on the box (top of this page) and less about flightless birds.
I challenge you to start threads like this on linux forums and see what happens. But here we have reached the point where it is no longer about our main topic OS, but about how to repair a borked up linux install. When has this topic run it's course?

Arch Linux when I need a Linux machine, since it's the one I'm most familiar with.
Linux Mint when I install Linux for someone else, since it's user friendly.
I gave up on trying distros without Systemd. Probably because I mainly use FreeBSD now.

My favorite Linux distro is Alpine Linux at the moment.
It has some features that make it very different from almost all other Linux distros.

1. Unseen low RAM usage
2. Fastest init system of all Linux distros which is super useful for systems that use a HDD or slower SSD
3. One of the most secure Linux distros
4. Possibly fastest package manager of all Linux distros
5. Very easy to use and support for XFCE, Gnome and KDE

One of the drawbacks is probably that it doesn't support the proprietary Nvidia drivers.
But Devuan and Clear Linux also lack proper support for the proprietary Nvidia drivers.
It seems that you have to rely on AMD or Intel if you want to use the best Linux distros.

I challenge you to start threads like this on linux forums and see what happens.
I challenge Crivens and SirDice to count the numerous threads titling "your favorite ..." and learn how they develop all the time.

Do we need this kind of trolling here initiated by almost the same member?
What is the intention of such threads?
Collecting bits of other members?
Being fascinated by having initiated a rapid growing thread?
Who does that really need?

I'm looking for a minimal Linux distro which doesn't need much space and simple to install via a wifi connection.

What would anyone recommend?

I tried voidlinux but wifi wouldn't connect.

All I need it for is to install Grub on a GPT disk and be able it to boot using UEFI.

I truly hope that you two will quickly see the futility of this exchange and move on.

As to this thread - I say close it. I believe one can register an account at a Linux forums, where such threads can be made quite freely?

There is "Linux Questions", which has an abundance of "top favourite distro" threads and an abundance of people who can respond and talk all about Linux.

In my view, this seems like yet another insidious systemd thread, they've laid the bait and waited for it to be taken. I don't like systemd either, but we don't need endless threads about it and about how someone switched to FreeBSD to avoid it.

getopt, please calm down. I see very little use in this thread myself. But as long as it doesn't evolve into some Q/A about technical problems with Linux, it's not "too off-topic". Many of us are forced to also use Linux for one or the other reason. Asking about a favorite is fine, IMHO. Not saying it's too interesting .... :rolleyes:

Well, it was off topic enough to be mildly annoying. Huffing and puffing did not help. At all.
So, I call this off now. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back