qemu Fatal server error: (EE) xf86OpenConsole: No console driver found. Supported drivers: pccons (with X support), syscons, pcvt. Check your kernel's cons

Hello to everyone.

I have installed freebsd for arm64 on my jetson nano,mainly because I want to install ferdi (https://getferdi.com : All your messaging services in one place). A tool like Franz or rambox,so that in one only shot we can use a lot of social networks,in one only comfortable and nice interface. This will be a very life saver,because on Freebsd and in general for arm64 there is nothing like that. But Ferdi needs Xorg and a desktop manager like xfce. I have installed them on my qemu/kvm emulated freebsd 13 for arm64 on the jetson nano. But when I write "startx" get the error on the title. This is how I have emulated it :

Code:
/opt/qemu-5.2.0/build/aarch64-softmmu/./qemu-system-aarch64 -m 2048M -cpu cortex-a57 -M virt --enable-kvm \
-bios edk2-aarch64-code.fd --nographic \
-drive if=none,file=FreeBSD-13.qcow2,id=hd0 \
-device virtio-blk-device,drive=hd0 \
-device virtio-net-device,netdev=mynet \
-netdev tap,id=mynet,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no,vhost=on \
-device virtio-gpu-pci,virgl=on,xres=1024,yres=768 \
-display sdl,gl=on \
-no-reboot

and this is the error that I get when I run "startx" :

Code:
Fatal server error:
(EE) xf86OpenConsole: No console driver found
    Supported drivers: pccons (with X support), syscons, pcvt
    Check your kernel's console driver configuration and /dev entries(EE)

Instead,if I remove the parameter "--nographic" qemu tells "guest disabled display" and I don't see anything anymore.

can someone put my shoes in the right road to fix this error ? thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-17_15-17-08.png
    Screenshot_2021-07-17_15-17-08.png
    400.4 KB · Views: 115
Back