Failed to boot after Freebsd install on Fusion 13

Hi everyone,

I just tried to install Freebsd-13.2 on Fusion 13, using this guide: https://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot. I use the UEFI Boot option and afterwards I rebooted the VM and it tries to boot over the network. I though I messed up the bootcode partition or zfs pools, so I tried it again but got the same result.

So somebody help me with this issue ?

Processor: M1 Max
VM: Fusion 13.0.2
Install disc: FreeBSD-13.2-RELEASE-arm64-aarch64-dvd1.iso

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 13.47.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 13.47.10.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 66
Why not just use what installer provides?
I'm trying to re-create our production environments on my local machine. The developers who installed freebsd on all our environments used this guide as the base. Unfortunately they don't work here anymore, so I am trying to figure it out and as you can see this not my specialty.

I'm trying to re-create our production environments on my local machine. The developers who installed freebsd on all our environments used this guide as the base. Unfortunately they don't work here anymore, so I am trying to figure it out and as you can see this not my specialty.
Got it, but try using the default dataset layout done by the installer, and check if it's really any different from what that guide provides as an experiment (it shouldn't be), and you could create missing datasets afterwards.

Problem solved. Installed with the correct .efi file and now I have bootable freebsd. Thank you guys for your help!

Back