Does owncloud client work well ?

I tried owncloud, years ago, I found that much of owncloud did not work well.

I am thinking about trying owncloud again. I have noticed there is an owncloud client for FreeBSD: owncloudclient-2.2.2.

Has anybody used this? Does it work well?

BTW: is there any reason to use NextCloud instead of OwnCloud?

I haven't used the client on FreeBSD, but I do use the client on Windows. It works very well.

I run a Nextcloud, formerly owncloud, server on FreeBSD, and it runs very well. It's hard to gauge the future of either project but Nextcloud seems like it is moving at a faster pace of development.

I use the OwnCloud client on FreeBSD, OS X, and iOS. No problems with it recently - back when I started using it on FreeBSD about year ago (an 11-CURRENT) it crashed on launch, but that got fixed fairly quickly and no problems since.

I run Nextcloud on a FreeBSD server and have had no problems. There were rumblings that Nextcloud would move faster than OwnCloud and so I hedged my bets there, early days though.

I use the OwnCloud client on FreeBSD, OS X, and iOS. No problems with it recently - back when I started using it on FreeBSD about year ago (an 11-CURRENT) it crashed on launch, but that got fixed fairly quickly and no problems since.

I run Nextcloud on a FreeBSD server and have had no problems. There were rumblings that Nextcloud would move faster than OwnCloud and so I hedged my bets there, early days though.

Thank you. Do owncloud plugins work with nextcloud?

Back