Solved does freebsdmall donate to freebsd?

If I buy a shirt to support freebsd do they donate a portion of the money? I don't want to buy a shirt if it doesn't help out freebsd.

Well, that is what they claim. And you could always ask them.

Funny though, I didn't know they were formally Walnut Creek, that's the company from which I bought my very first Linux distribution collection ;) We're talking the 90's here. Funny to see how they evolved onto FreeBSD as well.

One way or the other they are helping out through promotion. Even if they wouldn't donate money back into the project (which would seem odd) then they'd still be doing something. I mean: you get a t-shirt (production costs money too!) and you wearing said t-shirt might raise more BSD awareness. Win-win.

I'd say go for it.

Funny though, I didn't know they were formally Walnut Creek, that's the company from which I bought my very first Linux distribution collection ;) We're talking the 90's here. Funny to see how they evolved onto FreeBSD as well.

Walnut Creek also produced FreeBSD CDs in the 90's. That's how I got my very first FreeBSD distribution.

ill probably buy one then. I looked at freebsd.org if they offered clothing but couldn't find anything besides the monetary donation they offer.

Back