DistroWatch now runs on FreeBSD?

Isn't cgroups regarded as a bit more superior thing?
Basically Linux Containers (cgroups is a tiny part of this) is a similar concept to FreeBSD jails. Just not as mature.

Anyways, so distrowatch is not running on .NET, as new runtimes somehow just skip FreeBSD. :)
.NET can never be new. It is an ancient design steming all the way from Alef on Plan 9. FreeBSD skips much effort on it because, well we already have Java. Use that ;)

I barely think .NET is even still a thing. Microsoft solely directs it and yet is moving full steam into native with Rust and C++/cx

Basically Linux Containers (cgroups is a tiny part of this) is a similar concept to FreeBSD jails. Just not as mature.

.NET can never be new. It is an ancient design steming all the way from Alef on Plan 9. FreeBSD skips much effort on it because, well we already have Java. Use that ;)

I barely think .NET is even still a thing. Microsoft solely directs it and yet is moving full steam into native with Rust and C++/cx
You barely think .NET is a thing, yet Rust is full steam? Like, have you opened any job listing website and compared .NET demand vs Rust or C++? Reality vs bubbles.

You barely think .NET is a thing, yet Rust is full steam? Like, have you opened any job listing website and compared .NET demand vs Rust or C++? Reality vs bubbles.
Nah. Both .NET and Rust are very far behind C and C++. Mostly because Rust and .NET have to call into useful native C or C++ libraries to pretty much do anything interesting. So they can never overtake. However internally Microsoft are going the Rust direction (because they are unable to write correct C++ and yet they *need* native code to stay relevant). So you will see .NET based languages (VB.NET, CSharp.NET, FSharp.NET) fall even lower over the coming years as a result.

From what I can see is that C++ is the highest in terms of job advertisements. It pretty much dwarfs all other languages. Maybe because of the recent boom in "AI". I guess this is because it is one of the very few languages that can directly interface with those all important C libraries.

Back