DistroWatch now runs on FreeBSD?

Cthulhux

Is it important? I mean, they stopped being a "Linux rulZ lol" site quite some time ago.

kpedersen

Daemon

I would love to know their reasons. It is a fairly straight forward LAMP (now FAMP) site, they could have chosen virtually anything to use.

Perhaps they have been fatigued by distro hopping. They were the original pioneers of the sport after all XD

Oh, well. I certainly agree with their choice :)

unficyp

I would love to know their reasons. It is a fairly straight forward LAMP (now FAMP) site, they could have chosen virtually anything to use.

Perhaps they have been fatigued by distro hopping. They were the original pioneers of the sport after all XD

There is a reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/eodhit/_/fec9v7m View: https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/eodhit/switching_distrowatch_over_to_freebsd_ama/fec9v7m/

CraigHB

Always good to see professionals picking up FreeBSD. I hope that it becomes more popular for the sake of more developers working on it, but not too popular because that can be bad too. Too many cooks and all.

That's actually a big draw for me to FreeBSD, no wild mood swings, things move along at a slower more thought out rate.

Haha, got sucked into reading r/freebsd for an hour or two. Still have yet to make a comment there, actually some good content, some noise too.

SKull

First thing that comes to mind: jails

scottro

Daemon

Way back when, they used to use FreeBSD, 4.x days I think. They then switched to Debian--things were simpler then, and the person making the decision then just wrote that it was much quicker for them to configure Debian--however, they wrote, scripts that they used ran faster on FreeBSD. So, this is just a return for them, I guess.

I don't have the links for any of this, I just vaguely remember it, as I said, I think it was around the time of 4.x.