Digikam installs but does not start

I’m running FreeBSD 12 p10 with the xfce desktop. pkg install digikam installs a lot of packages but after installation, digikam does not start. I tried a reboot but that did not solve the problem. Is this a known issue with digikam? I need a GUI photo organizer that is capable to do some simple edits on my jpegs and change/add metadata. Any suggestions on this issue?

Open an xterm (or a similar terminal) and run it from there. Does it print any error messages?

Neither quarterly or latest are functionally checked. The only criteria for a port is that it builds cleanly. Nobody does a functional check of the resulting packages.

Neither quarterly or latest are functionally checked. The only criteria for a port is that it builds cleanly. Nobody does a functional check of the resulting packages.
Hm. Nice to know it builds cleanly but does not work. Ah well, I’ll look for another photo manager. Hopefully I’ll find one that does work and supports the few options I’m looking for. Cropping, simple basic edits (if needed) and good TIFF, PNG and JPEG support.

Back