Dell Inspiron 5585 laptop can run FreeBSD well?

I bought a laptop. I'm going to use this computer to run only FreeBSD. But I don't know if the hardware driver supports it!

If you know this information, you can tell me! Thank you very much!

• CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700U Mobile Processor
  • GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
  • RAM: 8 GB, 2 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz
  • DISK: 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
  • NET: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1
  • DISPLAY: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-glare LED Backlit Non-touch Narrow Border WVA Display
  • TouchPad: Multi-touch gesture-enabled precision touchpad with integrated scrolling
  • Camera: Integrated Widescreen HD (720p) Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone Array

We have one probe of such computer in the Linux database, so we can get exact ID of the devices on board. 802.11ac is not supported yet by FreeBSD, so WiFi module will operate in the N mode instead. Same WiFi and Bluetooth modules you can find in this probe of ASUS GL553VE - they work fine (with FreeBSD 13-CURRENT). The graphics card is well supported by amdgpu.

Last edited:
We have one probe of such computer in the Linux database, so we can get exact ID of the devices on board. 802.11ac is not supported yet by FreeBSD, so WiFi module will operate in the N mode instead. Same WiFi and Bluetooth modules you can find in this probe of ASUS GL553VE - they work fine (with FreeBSD 13-CURRENT). The graphics card is well supported by amdgpu.
Thanks!
I use DELL 5585, GPU is supported, TOUCHPAD has worked!

Back