Solved Dealbreaker

In /etc/rc.conf: kld_list="fuse"

Alternatively in /boot/loader.conf: fuse_load="YES", but this is less efficient (read: slow), so this should be used only for devices that are required for booting.
Yes. I found this solution. I already load my video driver with kld_list. How do I add another module? Space separated or with a comma?

If I have non-compatible hardware, I tend to try out VirtualBox and the USB passthrough. It isnt the fastest without the additions (unavailable on FreeBSD) but still very usable.
Hm. Today I installed virtualbox. Followed the handbook. Put all options mentioned in there in my configs. No USB is seen. It should be visible. I have no idea why it’s not. The vdev files are accurate. Why does the USB device not show up in the VB settings?

Hm. Today I installed virtualbox. Followed the handbook. Put all options mentioned in there in my configs. No USB is seen. It should be visible. I have no idea why it’s not. The vdev files are accurate. Why does the USB device not show up in the VB settings?
Like kpedersen pointed out the extension pack by Oracle isn't available on FreeBSD, so you have to take USB 1.1 support only in virtualbox. Anyway, the stick should be recognized by VB. Is your user member of vboxusers group?

If you run groups. What do you see?
Hopefully operator should be in there? If I recall vboxusers is only actually necessary for networking (if following the handbook).

You have to do extra work to get the access to USB Ports to work. (its been a really long time sense I've done this and cannot locate my how to on that one). Though googling it, looks like it might have changed some anyways,
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-enable-usb-in-virtualbox/

that should at lest give you an indication of what to do if anything.
heres this
---

Thanks for replying but like I said, I followed the manual to the letter. All settings are in place. However, my usb drive is not recognized. Ah well. I have to think about a way around it. It’ll be ok

Back