Dart language port for FreeBSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there substantial interest for Dart in this part of the community? It would be great for people who are interested in using the product, to express interest here, so that people who might be able to help port (or the first party product owner themselves) can see there is interest. People have limited amount of time, so gauging interest is a great starting point.
Yes, overall your comment makes sense. Yes, people who are interested could show interest in the thread and things might happen from there.

I guess the real issue is no one has since this thread started 4 years ago and reading the issue, it's obvious the upstream developers don't care to support FreeBSD (or any BSD or other systems), so a porter would have to really want to use this dart stuff and be constantly fighting upstream developers. That's probably why no one has stepped up.

I would say until upstream shows some interest in *BSD, Dart is not getting ported. (Hell, it's the first I've heard of it, then again I don't orbit the web-sphere):)

Yes, overall your comment makes sense. Yes, people who are interested could show interest in the thread and things might happen from there.
I did not notice that the thread was four years old. It popped up, I saw it and responded based on that. Dart does seem to be a bit more popular that before, but it does feel like many Google projects, it is super exciting to them right up until it is not. :)
I would say until upstream shows some interest in *BSD, Dart is not getting ported. (Hell, it's the first I've heard of it, then again I don't orbit the web-sphere):)
Certainly a reasonable response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back